Airpods are used widely around the globe for their being easy to carry around and excellent audio quality. Airpods are free from any wire hassles so that you can enjoy your music conveniently and indulge in your world.
Unfortunately, these Airpods can bring along some trouble specifically with charging. It can be both annoying and frustrating when you can’t charge your AirPods because the AirPods case won’t charge. We have provided some solutions to this problem.
How to Fix Airpod Case Is Not Charging
Solution 1: Clean the charging port of the AirPods case
The foremost thing to do is to make sure that the case of the AirPods is clean. To do so, take a look at the following steps:
- Firstly, make sure that you are not using anything made of metal because this may cause a short circuit in the case of the AirPods.
- Then use a clean and dry cloth to clean the case in case it is wet which cause the issue of not charging
- Now, get a toothpick or any static brush
- Make sure to scrape all the dust out of the case
- In the end, check the charge by connecting the lightning cable to the case
If this solution is not working for you, don’t worry we have many other solutions to solve the problem of the case that is not charging.
Solution 2: if AirPods case not charging, check the connection
The second remedy to solve the AirPods case charing issue is checking the connection through these steps:
- Start by checking that the Lightning to USB cable is plugged into the USB power adapter and the case firmly
- The next thing is to make sure that the power adapter is plugged into a power outlet correctly without any twists
- Then check the case if it is being charged or not
If this remedy is not useful well, then move on to the next one.
Solution 3: Restarting the charging case of AirPods
Another thing that may cause the case to not charge is that the AirPods case is not working properly. Then perform the following steps:
- On the back of the case, there is a setup button, press and hold it
- when the status lightflashes amber, then flashes white, let go of the button of the case
- The charging case of the AirPods is now restarted
- The battery case of AirPods should be able to charge now
Still, the case has a charging problem and won’t charge the case? Try the next solution.
Solution 4: Avoid using an extension to solve the case charging issue of AirPods
Moving forward, if you are using an extension then maybe this is the reason why your case is not charging and won’t charge the AirPods eventually. Try solving it through the following steps:
- In case you are using an extension to charge the lightning cable, then you should try switching it
- Switch the extension with a wall socket
- If the problem was with the extensions, then the case will charge now
If the problem of the case not being able to charge persists, then take a look at the solution below.
Solution 5: Solve the charging issue by checking the power outlet
Another reason for the charging problem may be that the power outlet is having issues that won’t let the case get charged. Perform the following steps to get rid of the AirPods charging case troubles:
- First of all, use a device to make sure that the power outlet is working properly and the case have no issues while charging
- Plugin a device that charges normally, if it’s also not charging then the case of AirPods is not at fault.
- In case it is charging, then the outlet is having issues
- Switch to another power outlet that works properly.
- The charging case should be able to charge now.
If you are still facing trouble and the case won’t charge the AirPods, then try using the next solution.
Solution 6: For charging the Airpods case, use an original cable:
One can easily find a way to avoid or solve the problem of the case won’t get charged or the AirPods are having charging issues by using a different cable for charging the case.We have built a guide for you if your apple watch activity rings not working.
- Get rid of the previous cable and get a new and original one
- Make sure that it has good compatibility while connecting to the case for charging
- Once you are done switching the cables, plug it in the case
- Check if you’re able to charge your lightning case with the new cable
In case this solution works for you then it’s great, if not then move on to the next solution to solve the case charging issue of the AirPods case.
Solution 7: Inspect the wireless charging pad to troubleshoot the charging case issue
- The first thing you have to do is to make sure that you are using the Airpod version that supports wireless charging
- Now, put the AirPods inside the case and place the case on the wireless charging mat
- Then the status lighting is going to illuminate for several seconds before shutting off while charging
- Fidget with the case’s location on the pad, If the light never appears
- If the AirPods case still won’t charge, then you may need to replace the charging pad
- One can also try using the USB or lightning cable that came along with the AirPods case to support charging.
- Now the charging case should be able to get charged and charge the AirPods as well.
In the end, we hope that you are now able to detect what is the cause that your AirPods case is not able to charge. After detecting the issue, you can perform any of the solutions that troubleshoot the problem and then get your AirPods case to charge again.