Discord application is a very famous platform that allows millions of users from all over the world to play games together, watch videos, communicate, and do a lot of other fun activities too. It was originally designed as a gamers’ platform, but over the years, it has become famous for many other interesting functionalities that it offers.
When you are communicating with other people on any platform, you need to receive notification alerts to let you know what is going on and who is trying to contact you, or message you, or has sent an in-game notification.
On the Discord application, you can actually set up communication severs by different configurations that allow you to add people in specific communication servers that you would like them to be in. In this way, it becomes a personal space of like-minded people indulging in like-minded activities, games, chats, etc.
However, sometimes, on Discord, people encounter this problem on quite a regular basis. They encounter the issue of the app’s notifications not working, and that is quite disturbing and annoying for many people. The problem could be related to the servers, or it can be related to the app settings.
But there are some very easy measures through which you can solve this issue without any trouble, whether you use Discord on Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, or Windows.
How to solve the “Discord notifications not working” issue on Android:
STEP # 1: Check the in-app notifications settings:
- Open the Discord application.
- Sign in to your account.
- Now, click on the Discord icon which is at the bottom of the screen.
- Then go to the App Settings.
- Click on ‘Notification Settings’ under the App Settings.
- Here, you will see different options like System Notifications, In-app notifications, etc.
- See if they are all on or off. Toggle them on to be able to receive all the notifications.
- Make sure that you have enabled all the app settings.
- Now, click on ‘Tweak notifications settings.’ Toggle all the options available to enable them.
Usually, this step alone does the trick and Discord notification starts worming normally, but if this does not work, then you must take the next step.
Read more about : Discord Spell Check Not Working
STEP # 2: Check if your app is updated or not?
It is always good to have all the apps and software updated because developers usually send fixes and patches for bugs and various other vulnerabilities with these updated versions.
So, you should make sure to regularly update all your apps.
When Discord notifications do not work normally, then you need to check if your app is also updated or not?
You can always install the latest updates from the Google Play Store. There may be some error with the software, so updating it will stabilize it and will make it function in a better way.
STEP # 3: Check your phone notifications:
Now, if the app is updated and the in-app and system notifications are all on and enabled, then you need to check your phone’s settings for notification.
All you need to do is to:
- Go to phone settings.
- Click on ‘’
- You will see various apps on your phone in a list there.
- Select the Discord application.
- Now, click on ‘Allow Notifications’ for Discord. You will see several other options too, so just enable all of them.
STEP # 4: Clear the outdated app cache:
Sometimes the app cache and data that has outdated also causes problems in its functionality. So, it is always better to rule out this issue also.
All you need to do is to:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Now, go to ‘Apps and Notifications.’
- Click on ‘Apps.’
- A list of all the apps installed on your phone will appear.
- Click on the Discord application.
- Now, go to the ‘Storage section’ of the app, and there you will see the options of ‘Clear Data’ and ‘Clear Cache.’
- Click on both the options and this will erase all the outdated app cache and data.
STEP # 5: Uninstall and Reinstall the Discord app:
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Go to All apps and from there, select the Discord application.
- Now, click ‘Uninstall’ to get the app removed from your phone.
- Now, once the uninstallation is complete, go to Google Play Store.
- From here, you can install the app again.
- Once reinstalled, you will have to enter all your credentials again to log into your account.
This step also helps in solving the issue with the app’s notifications.
STEP # 6: Uninstall the Beta version of the app:
When an app launches, you can become its beta partner. You will be able to experience the functionalities and features way before other people get in the stable version of the app.
However, the beta versions usually have issues with server issues, there may be some fault with the server, some errors in the server settings, or some lag at the back-end servers, server crashes that result in the crashing of the app, and a lot more server-related and app-related issues. All these problems often make the beta versions of any app quite unpredictable to use.
So, if you are using the beta version of the Discord app and having this problem, that’s when you need to do the following things:
- Go on Google Play Store.
- Now, search for the Discord
- Once the app page opens, go to see the App details.
- This is where you will find the option of testing the Beta version.
- Choose “Leave” to quit the beta program.
- After this, uninstall this version of the app.
- Search for the stable version of Discord on Google Play Store and download it.
- Open the app on your Android device and enter all your credentials again to log back into the app.
How to solve this issue on Windows:
STEP # 1: Log out of the desktop app:
- Click on the app icon and enter Settings.
- Now, choose the option of Log Out from the app.
- Once this is done, wait for a little bit and then Log in again.
STEP # 2: Make sure that the “Do not Disturb” status is not set on the app:
The app provides four types of status indicators: Online, do not disturb, Idle, Invisible.
If your status indicator is set on Do not disturb, then this may be a reason for you being unable to receive notifications on your app.
STEP # 3: Check your Desktop settings:
- Open the desktop app and go to user settings.
- Go to App Settings and click on
- Now, enable all the options for desktop notifications, unread message badges, and taskbar flashing.
- Turn on all the sound settings also.
STEP # 4: Check out the issue for specific channels:
The app allows the users to choose whether to enable or disable notification for a particular channel if they want.
Now, you must first ensure that you have not muted anyone or any particular channel for notification.
- Go to the desktop app and log into your account.
- If you have more than one server in your list, select the server you need.
- Now, click on the channels tab and tap on the particular channel name.
- On the upper-right corner, you will find a “Notification” icon in the form of a bell. Make sure that it is on and not muted.
If this is muted, then you will not receive any notifications from this channel.
STEP # 5: Check out the problem for a specific server:
- Open the app and click on the Server icon from whom you are not receiving any notification.
- Click on the Server name and go to the Notification
- Make sure that the server is not muted, and its mute setting is disabled.