Discord is a free app that is used by people all over the world for video, audio and text chatting. It is used by people all over the world to talk about different stuff including playing games, having a discussion about school projects, or having quality time with friends. This app allows you to form communities with friends so you have your own space where you can talk, spend time with friends and play games or have a discussion. There are also open communities for users who want to join in it for playing games such as Minecraft or Fortnite. The conversations are in control so that the user can control the interactions and their experience of the app. Users are in love with Discord as they can join communities of the preference of their interests and their hobbies. There is no news feed to scroll through, users can share their screen and can stream different games on the app and other users can join their stream according to their preferences.
Why Discord Spell Check Not Working?
If you are someone who types fast causing mistakes in spelling, then the spell check feature must be a blessing to you as it autocorrects the wrong spelling that is typed by the user and the user can be free and does not have to spell each word carefully. This feature that checks the spelling is very helpful for many people as they are typing fast and cause many spelling mistakes. But discord spell check not working complaint is received to the company by many users. Many users are frustrated by this as the feature is not auto-checking the feature and they have to be careful while typing and have to check the spelling themselves.Discord notifications not working is very easy to solve.
How to Fix the Problem?
Few different solutions that might help the users to fix the discord spell check not working problem.
They are mentioned below.
- Make sure the Feature is Turned On.
- Restarting the App.
- Restart the Windows.
- Reinstall the app.
Method # 1: Make Sure the Feature Is Turned On
This is the first step that you need to make sure of is working in order for the feature to work. following steps should be taken for this process:
- You need to make sure that the feature is turned on in the Microsoft Settings.
- View the typing settings on the “Microsoft Settings” and make sure the feature is enabled.
- Make sure both the “Highlight misspelled words” option and the “Autocorrect misspelled words” option is are turned on.
- If the option is turned on, try disabling it and then again enabling the feature to check if this works.
Method # 2: Restarting the App:
The second solution that users can try to fix this problem is that try restarting the app.
- Close the app that is in working.
- Again, restart the app in order for the feature to start working.
This will help in removing any bugs that might be present in the app.
Method # 3: Restart the Windows:
One more option that can help is restarting Windows. There could be a Windows update problem that might be the reason why this problem is occurring. Restarting the Windows may help in updating few features that can help in fixing the issue. After restarting the Windows open the app to check if the feature has started to work or not. Following steps should be taken to start the Windows:
- First open the start menu by clicking the “Windows” on the left corner of the screen.
- Then click on the “Power” button.
- From that the option, click on “Restart” or “Reboot” option in order to restart the Windows.
Method # 4: Reinstall the App:
Even after using the above steps does not help to solve the problem then the last resort user can opt for is deleting the app and then reinstalling the app. After deleting the app make sure you also delete and cache files that might be present on your computer. After making sure all the files of the app are removed from the computer, reinstall the app. Now open the app to check if the feature is working on the app or not. For deleting and reinstalling the app following steps should be taken:
- To uninstall the app, go to “Settings”.
- Then go to the “System” option.
- Click on “Apps and Features”
- Look for the app, and click on “Delete” option.
- And then confirm delete.
Now to reinstall the app:
- Open the web browser and type in discordapp.com.
- Then click on the operating system that is on your laptop or PC such as Windows.
- Then click on “Download Now”.
- The file of “Discordexe” will appear in the download bar.
- Now click the File to open it.
- When the pop-up box appears, click on the option “Run” in order for the app to start working.
DISCORD SPELLING CHECKER AVAILABLE ON MACOS AND WINDOWS 8+
Users can customize this option on macOS and Windows 8+
- For macOS, the following steps can be taken to customize the languages for which the feature should check the spelling. You can go to Keyboard – Text – Spelling – Setup and then customize the language you want the checker to spell the words correctly in. most of the languages are already installed in the OS.
- For Windows you have to scan the Language Settings and look at the languages that you need and if there is another language that you need that the feature should check the spelling. After installing it click on it to make sure Basic Typing is installed for the feature to be activated.
- You can even spell the words in your way so the feature can check them according to your preference. You can easily add and delete the words that you want to spell properly so the feature does not have to check it as the word spell is provided by you. And then you can add it to the dictionary now you can spell it whenever you want without the feature to check and correct the spelling.