Final Fantasy is a well-known worldwide multiplayer role-playing game. Many users are die-hard followers of the series. Many people are experiencing the same issue. When players open the game, the screen goes black for a few seconds before crashing with the FFXIV Launcher Error.
The launcher problem in Final Fantasy XIV happens when you try to open the game, and you will be unable to play until it is fixed. It’s possible that you couldn’t connect to the game servers for whatever reason when this happens. An error message such as “A system error has occurred–2146697211” may also appear.
Incorrect network settings or issues with your FFXIV config files are common causes of this error message. There are a number of helpful methods you can use to investigate this issue.
So, How to Fix FFXIV Launcher Error?
1. Connect through a VPN
This should be your first option. Connection interruptions, route, or porting difficulties are the most common causes of the FFXIV launcher error. A VPN can assist you in resolving these issues. It takes some time and technical skills to set up a VPN on your own. You should use a VPN service if you want a simpler solution. Also, NordVPN is a great choice.
NordVPN is a user-friendly and lightning-fast virtual private network (VPN). With just a few mouse clicks, a VPN connection can be established. And because of its high-speed servers in multiple locations, you can take comfort in the fact that your experience will be both enjoyable and safe.
To set up NordVPN on your PC, follow these steps:
- Get NordVPN on your PC and install it.
- Open NordVPN and log in with your username and password.
- Press the Connect button. This will connect you to the VPN server that has been recommended for your device.
- Verify that your FFXIV launcher problem has gone.
2. Check Your Antivirus
Is your FFXIV connection being hampered by an antivirus or firewall program? Because of this, you can see this error message when trying to run the FFXIV launcher. Make sure your antivirus isn’t interfering with your game by running a conflict detection scan. Whitelisting the game or temporarily disabling the antivirus application may help if the software is preventing you from playing FFXIV. Now check to see if the FFXIV issue is fixed.
Check the network to which you’re connected.
Your network might be to blame for the FFXIV launching issue. There are a few things you may do to check it:
- Restart your PCs and network devices (router and modem).
- Try to use your mobile device as a hotspot to connect to the Internet.
- Connect to the network of a friend.
- Use the network equipment (router and modem) on your network that you borrowed.
- If you have any problem with your network connection during these steps, you should contact your Internet service provider for help.
3. Check your DNS settings
The reason for your FFXIV launcher error may be incorrect DNS settings. To double-check your DNS settings, go to:
- On your keyboard, press Win + R.
- On your keyboard, type “ncpa.cpl” and hit Enter.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu for your network connection (“Ethernet” for a wired connection and “Wi-Fi” for a wireless connection).
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double-click it.
- Check that Automatically receive an IP address and Automatically obtain DNS server address are both selected, then click OK. (If they are, skip this step and proceed to step 7).
- Double-check that this has fixed your issue. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Choose Set the server addresses to the Google public DNS server addresses (184.108.40.206 / 220.127.116.11) after using the following DNS server addresses.
- To test your launcher error, click OK and then launch FFXIV.
4. Edit your FFXIV configuration file
A wrong setting in your game’s setup can also be the reason of your FFXIV launcher error. Here’s how to fix the error in your FFXIV config file.
- On your keyboard, press the Win and R buttons, then type:
- Select Documents > My Games > FINAL FANTASY XIV – A Realm Reborn from the drop-down menu.
- Open Notepad (or any other text editor) and open the FFXIV BOOT.cfg file.
- Change the value of BootVersionCheckMode to 1.
- Save your modifications and run a test on your problem.
We’ve explored every possible solution to the FFXIV Launcher Error in this troubleshooting guide. We’ve also looked into the possible causes of this problem. Furthermore, we hope your issue has been resolved.
Follow us for more guides, tips, and tech information. Thank you very much!