Microsoft as an operating system offers a ton of updates and services that keep everything running in a streamlined manner. Usually, you won’t have to make a lot of effort in this case, because Microsoft takes it on itself to automatically download updates to increase the system performance and productivity.
However, this might not always be the case! The latest system update for Microsoft is it might be prompting an update to Windows 10. However, when you try to go ahead with it, it tells you to wait and you will be given a prompt as to when you can install this! Of course, you could wait and let everything run its due course.
There is no issue doing that, however, you should know that this might days hours, or even days and you always run the risk of it happening automatically while you are doing important tasks! So, if you want to take matters into your own hands, then you should know that there are manual ways to force your Windows 10 update.Facing ? there is not enough memory to complete this operation windows 10 check its solution.
Different Ways To Force Microsoft Windows 10 Update
Today’s article will be looking at this in detail and we have 2 methods for you to engage within case you want to force a Windows 10 update yourself!
Method # 1 to force Windows 10 to update
To force Windows to get on with the update, here’s what you need to do!
- Go to your Window’s C drive and locate the Download option in the Software Distribution folder. If your OS is downloaded in another location, you can also choose to open another drive apart from C. Then delete all of the files here.
- Your next step is to click the Windows key and R keys together and open the Command Prompt menu. Once your Command Prompt has been accessed, you can then type cmd, and right-click. When the options pop up in the drop-down menu, you will choose Run as Administrator.
- You will type in exe/updatenow. Keep in mind that this is case-sensitive so it should not be changed. You can copy-paste it to ensure it is accurate. This is the main command that will force your Microsoft Windows update program to check for new Windows 10 updates.
- In the next step, you will go back to the update Window and press on the option to check for updates. You can locate it on the left side and after a few moments of clicking on it, you will see the warning that reads, checking for updates.
- This will prompt the program to locate if there are any vital updates. In the meanwhile, you will open the Command Prompt again and enter exe/updatenow. When you execute this command, your computer will let you know that the Microsoft Windows 10 update has started!
- Finally, before all of this has been achieved, you need to make sure that you have successfully backed up all necessary files and data. This is vital before the system is updated to Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System.
In case this method didn’t work out as you would have liked, you can also get a tool for Windows to do it for you!
Method #2 : An alternative method to force Windows 10 updates
Another way to force Windows updates for Windows 10 is to make use of WuInstall. This is a Microsoft Windows command-line tool that allows the scripting of new updates by admins. It makes the download, and installation of Windows Updates much simpler!
So, here are the steps to force a Microsoft Windows 10 update using WuInstall:
- To download and install WuInstall, go to their website http://www.wuinstall.com and it lets you work with a 30-day trial for free!
- Next, you need to press the Windows and R keys together to open the command prompt. Type in cmd. Then you can right-click on the Command Prompt and select the option for Run as administrator.
- Your next step is to look for updates and all you need to do is wuInstall /search. You will get access to all Microsoft Updates that can be installed
- Next, you will download the updates by going to wuInstall /download
- After a preliminary search, you will get to the updates which are now ready to be installed.
- Finally, you can now install the Windows 10 updates for Microsoft just by clicking on the option for Install.
Finally, we have reached the end of today’s detailed review and guide on how to force MS Windows 10 update on Microsoft OS. To achieve this Windows update we have listed out 2 main methods that you can make use of and depending on your need, you can figure out which one works better for you!
We hope that our guide has been informative and insightful and will allow our readers to take this challenge on themselves!