Apple is not messing around with its various security features and protocols that keep your iOS devices safe and sound from unauthorized access! They are notorious for this ability as well but all-in-all this is what sets their systems apart from other devices! Sometimes, it can prove difficult to approve your iPhone from your MacBook!
This is why that might be happening! You need to consider your Apple ID as this is the complete system where you can access the iTunes app, your iCloud account, your App Store and so many more Apple services! This is practically also why sometimes it doesn’t let you approve your iPhone on your Mac device. Again, this has to do with preserving the privacy of your private information and saved data.
However, many times, you do need to fix this if you want to access your data, so, how can this be done? Well, today’s article is going to go over 2 of the best ways to achieve this. These methods are simple and straightforward as long as you follow the steps we will outline for you ahead!
Without further ado, let’s see how to approve iPhone from Mac.
What Are the Methods to Iphone From Mac?
Method #1 : Approving Iphone From Mac Using Icloud
In case you have bought a new MacBook or upgraded your computer’s OS, it has to be approved via your iCloud as well. To approve it, here’s what you need to do:
- Your first step will be to launch the System preferences on Mac.
- You can then select the option that reads Choose iCloud.
- Finally, add in your iCloud ID and password.
- Once this is accomplished, it will ask for either Apple ID verification or will need 6 figures so that it can approve your Mac.
- You can simply start the iPhone linked to your iCloud and it will point out another device on the same iCloud account. Press the Allow option and then the Apple ID Verification Code will appear.
- You can enter this Apple ID Verification Code and you will approve your iPhone device via Mac on iCloud.
If this method doesn’t necessarily work for you, then there is still more you can do! Consider this next alternative!
The alternative is when you already have Keychain installed and running
If you are confused as to what the iCloud Keychain is, it can be used to link up your data such as Wi-Fi information, all your passwords on your browsers, and of course your private credit card details as well on all your Apple devices so you don’t have to add it again and again.
You will need to make sure the iPhone you are working with has been updated with the latest updates and software before you set up the iCloud Keychain. The alternative is to proceed to the Setting of your iOS device and simply approve the option for iCloud Keychain/
They will ask you to use any one of the linked devices on this server to approve the iPhone. This just has to be signed in to the iCloud account and preferably via your MacBook. This is because in case your iCloud Keychain has already been approved on your Mac, you can easily approve your iPhone from Mac.
Now that the basics are out of the way, here are the main steps you will need to follow to ensure this method is a success!
Method #2 : Here’s how to approve iPhone from Mac by setting up iCloud Keychain
If by any chance you have not gone through with your iCloud Keychain setup following the latest iOS upgrades, you don’t have to worry since you can simply head on out to the Settings of your iPhone or iPad and select the option for iCloud.
This will show an option for Keychain as well. Click on it so it turns on and then here are the main steps you need to follow:
- First, you will press the option that reads Continue. This is when the notification will appear on the upper-right corner of the Mac screen.
- After this, you will also add the password to your Apple ID. Proceed forward by selecting Allow. After this, you will be able to launch and run the iCloud Keychain on your iPhone.
With that, we are now set to conclude our informative article on how to approve your Apple Phone from Mac devices. This is not a particularly tricky problem to fix since there are only a few methods to resolve it. We hope that this article has set you in the right direction that you need and you are now equipped with all the information you will need!