Who doesn’t look back to their times on their PSP and relish it? If you are still an avid user of PlayStation, then you might be pleased to know that there is a way to convert your PS4 back into a portable gaming system like in your childhood!
Confused about how to achieve that? Well, the PlayStation 4 can allow you to achieve this thrilling experience again and all you need is your smartphone! Today’s article will be all about how to connect your phone to PS4 and turn your mobile into the ultimate gaming device on the go!
You might be intrigued but also confused as to how this can be managed? After all, it sounds a little tricky to connect your phone to your PS4 right? Well, not any more thanks to a simple download of the PlayStation mobile app. Of course, you will need a steady and reliable internet connection as well!
All you have to do is download this app, make sure both your mobile and your PS4 are connected to a Wi-Fi connection and that’s all! You are good to go and free to play your favorite games while you travel, commute, or more! You are always going to be connected!
Before discussing how to connect phone to PS4, you need to understand why you need to connect the phone to PS4.
Why connect the phone to PS4?
Many of you who prefer to play only on a big screen might question why anyone would even want to connect their phones to their PS4 device in the first place? Well, believe it or not connecting these two has incredible advantages that you can benefit from!
- For starters, you will be able to know all new updates since our phones are always with us!
- You can easily manage game downloads with your mobile device.
- Browsing the PlayStation Store to look at and buy games has never been easier!
- You will always be connected to your friends.
- You can make changes to your PlayStation account!
- Your phone will act as a second screen and of course, all of this will be done remotely!
How to Connect Phone to ps4
So, now that we have a good idea of what it entails when you wish to connect your phone to your PS4, let’s look at the steps you need to follow as well!
Download the PlayStation app
The first step is to make sure that you download the PlayStation app. However, before it can be downloaded onto your phone, you will also need to make sure that your mobile phone is updated to the latest version of either iOS or Android. When it comes to Apple and iOS users at least a 7.0 is necessary while a 4.0 version is crucial for Android users. When your phone is updated, you can use your subsequent Play Store to download the PlayStation app.
After this, you can select the Install option and start the download. Once it is downloaded start it up and then it will ask you to sign in to your PSN account. Sign in to the account and you will have access to all features of the PlayStation store via this app right within your phone!
Make sure your mobile phone is connected to your PS4
For this, you will need another app! It is called the Second Screen app and is available on the app store on your mobile device. Simply look up PS4 Second Screen and you will be able to find it.
After this, all you have to do is launch this app it will automatically sign you in under your already existing PlayStation app account. It will also show you if there are any available PS4 systems that you can begin using.
Engage with the app
By now, you must have already paired the PS4 with your phone. However, you will be pleasantly surprised to find out that quite a few of the games when played on your phone offer a companion functionality feature that makes the phone interface easier to use!
In some cases, you might even be given access to the PSN friends feature and all your stats in multiplayer mode will also show up. If you want to talk to your friends, however, your phone might need a dual-mode since all messaging on your phone will be done via the PlayStation Messages App.
Turn your mobile phone into your controller!
Why stop there when you can interact with your PS4 in other interesting ways via your phone? That’s right! You can easily convert your smartphone into a virtual PS4 controller with just a few simple steps. This can be done once your PS4 is connected to your phone via an app called Remote Play.
Here’s what you will need to do!
- Ensure that the PS4 controller is switched on and then go to your phone’s app store to download the app. It is available for both iOS and Android.
- Next, locate your Playstation 4 controller device on a list in the app. But you will need to log in to your PlayStation account.
- Then you can select the Playstation 4 controller to connect them. Normally, the app will automatically connect the two as it finds the PS4. In case it doesn’t, you might have to add in a code manually.
- Once both devices are paired and connected you can proceed to use the virtual buttons feature that will be accessed on your mobile. This will turn your phone into a portable controller!
We have now reached the end of our review on how to connect your phone to your PS4 device using a simply PlayStation app! It is quite a simple process and with our handy guide, we are sure all readers can easily accomplish it without any professional help.
That’s it from our end! We hope that all your questions, confusions, and queries have been answered and you have all the vital information you need!