Nintendo Switch of one of the most hyped and famous gadgets around the globe. It is quite different from Xbox because it was made to play in the comfort zone of its users. The friendly mobile screen helps you to play it from anywhere and anytime. You can also play it on your TV and Monitor screen with the help of a docked console that comes along with the Nintendo Switch.
Gamers need space to focus and a bigger picture like your TV makes it so easy and comfortable when it comes to details and good graphics. However, most of us have our TVs placed in a TV lounge – a dedicated space to watch Television for a certain period of time alone or with family – but if you play the Switch on the TV, you might face disturbance during the games.
Therefore, in order to avoid any kind of noise and disturbance, people prefer to play the Switch on their laptops. Laptops, just like smartphones, is considered to be personal device which is far away from being accessed by another user – in most cases – and the Switch users can be seen asking frequently that how they can connect their Nintendo Switch to a laptop.
Nevertheless, why it is even a question bothering so many people.
Well, normally you can connect your switch dock – which has an output port to connect with other devices – and your laptop as well have only output port ports for connectivity. It means that you need an input port in either of the devices to connect easily. Having two output ports only makes it quite difficult to connect it with the laptop but it is not entirely impossible. There are a few ways – you can opt for – in order to play your switch to your laptop and enjoy the luxury of gaming in your own space.
How to Play Switch on Laptop via Capture Card:
Nintendo Switch is arguably one of the most versatile consoles. It has an adaptable form factor where it can be seen as a handheld gaming device to dock settings device easily. When it comes to playing games on your Laptop, the very first and popular method is to use a video capture card. Here is how to do so:
- The very first step is to connect your HDMI cable to the HDMI port and the AC adapter to the AC adapter port on your switch console
- Now, grab the other end of your HDMI cable and connect it to your capture card port
- Check the USB port, for example, if it is USB2 type connect it to the right port on your laptop port
- Once the HDMI is connected to the laptop, the next step is to put your Nintendo Switch on its dock and turn it on
- Once you turn it on, you will see a green light blinking on your dock, which means that it is connected
- Now, you can remove your switch’s joy-con controller straps
- Once everything is set up perfectly, now comes the next part
- You need to download the OBS Studio software on your laptop
OBS Studio installation process:
- The OBS Studio is completely free of cost you can either Google it up or just click on the link here https://obsproject.com/
- Now, once you are on the website to download this software you will see the options to choose for your Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Once you click on your preferred device, you will see that it will start downloading on your laptop automatically. It is compatible and can be downloaded for all types of Windows you have
- Once it is downloaded on your laptop, open it by going into the folder where it is downloaded or simply right click and open it
- Click on the installer file and it will open the setup interface
- Click on the next option in the very first interface, it will take you to the legalization process, read the whole document and check the box at the end of the document if you agree with all Terms & Policies by OBS Studios, and again click next
- Now, here you can choose the destination folder. This section will also show you how much space is required to download this software and how much space you have on your device
- After checking all the details, you can click on the install option here
- All settings are usually by default. Now you will have to wait for the installation process to be completed
- Once the installation process is complete, click on the finish button right at the bottom of the popup window to complete the installation process
Your OBS Studio is now installed and ready to use.
- Once you are in the interface of your OBS Studio, click on the plus sign – you can easily find it in the mid-bottom of your software interface also known as Sources
- When you right-click on it, you will see a bunch of more options and you need to choose Audio Input Capture and set up the whole setting process
- Once finished, now you need to go back to the plus sign and choose Video Capture Device, here you will need to choose the USB Video option in the section
- Once you are done with the whole setup process here as well, hit OK
- You get some default settings in OBS Studio which work fine but it is highly recommended to do customized settings and match them with your requirements
Once you are done with all the settings, what comes next is setting and connecting it up with your twitch account. Go to the file, settings, and then click on the Stream option and connect it with your account.
There are different ways available online that you can use to connect your laptop with Nintendo but the video capture card method is reliable and the card itself is not that expensive. You v=can enjoy quality streaming for cheap money and more comfort at home or anywhere.