LG has certainly made its mark on the electronics industry with its wide range of devices and products. Its Smart TVs are no exception since they are versatile, user-friendly, and grant the user many options. Most LG TVs will enable the use of a third-party app. This is an app that you run on your devices but it hasn’t been created by the same manufacturer.
The reason why so many users choose to invest in said 3rd party apps is that they offer more options and use. However, these apps can be allowed or barred from use depending on the device’s options. The good news for LG users is that they have their Content Store where a ton of compatible 3rd party apps already exist.There are many solutions are available for prime internet connectivity problem use them to solve this error.You can use our different guide to solve hisense tv screen problems if you are using hisense tv.
However, it is difficult to download a third-party app from some sources. This is because most LG smart TVs need either a Web OS or Netcast to run. This means that you won’t get any options to download from elsewhere. However, thank loopholes, you can still easily stream this 3rd party content using certain extensions.
Among your choices, you have Roku, Amazon Firestick, Chromecast, and more! While most don’t offer this option, some LG models will even let you download and stream content directly from these other sources.
Today, to make this process fairly easy for our readers, we are going to provide an in-depth review on how to install 3rd party apps on LG smart TV.
How to Install 3rd Party Apps on Lg Smart TV?
As we have already mentioned before, the LG content Store already is the easiest method to install third-party apps! Of course, these won’t be as vast as other sources, but if you want a hassle-free and inbuilt way, then this is your best bet!
Method #1 : Use the LG Content Store
Here’s what you need to do!
- Using your remote, go to the Home
- Then, choose the option that reads More Apps.
- You will see an option for LG Content Store, click on it.
- Then, go to Premium and simply select the app that you wish to run.
- Next, your TV will start running and installing it automatically.
Once you log onto the LG content store, you will find that it provides quite a few amazing and interactive apps that you can use. Among the content and apps you can access, there are movies, TV shows, apps, and other things that you cannot get to simply using a normal TV.
Depending on the version of the app you have or even what model of LG TV you have, the Content store section of the LG could either be on the right-hand side on even could be on the top row.
The reason why it is so simple and easy to download a 3rd party app from this option is that you get the option to individually search and browse for the app you want. All you need to do is click on it and download it to your TV. Some apps do not even need an internet connection so there is quite a lot you can do with this option!
If this is not enough for you, or the LG content store simply doesn’t have enough 3rd party options that you are interested in, then you might want to try the following methods as well:
Method #2 : Use WebOS to install apps on your LG Smart TV
You can also make use of the WebOS option to install apps on LG. Here’s how!
- First, you can turn the LG TV on and go to your home screen by pressing the Home button.
- Next, click on the option that reads, More Apps. This will be situated on the lower right-hand of the home screen. You can choose this and click on it.
- After this, search for the LG Content Storeand go through all accessible options
- You will then need to click on the option for Premiumin the store.
- After this, there will be 4 columns that will read options such as Apps, Movies, TV shows, Live TV, and similar options.
- Next, you can select the app you wish to use and click on it so it starts downloading.
- The download will complete quickly and once it is done, simply start the installation
- Once this is done, you will start seeing the app on your home screen and you can simply start it whenever you want to gain access to the content of your choice.
Method #3 : Make use of LG SmartShare
Another method to invest in is called the LG SmartShare and this of course as the name suggests is a pre-existing solution for all LG TVs. This enables you to screencast your content onto the TV screen using any device you’d like.
There is one catch though and that is you will need to make sure you are either using an Android device or your PC to use this option. This is primarily because LG SmartShare offers no support for iOS devices. After you have made sure that both your Android and TV devices are connected to the same network, you can proceed to use LG SmartShare to install and stream via 3rd party apps:
- Click on the option for the LG SmartShare app on your TV. You should look for it on the menu.
- Once the app is launched, you can then proceed to select the Listening mode button and turn it on. If you are having trouble locating this, it is on the screen’s top-right area.
Next, you have to make sure your android device has screen sharing/mirroring options. After these have been switched on, you can select the LG Smart TV from a potential list of connections that your device will show.
If you have an Amazon Firestick or you want to incorporate one within your options, here’s what you need to do:
Method #4 : Buy the Amazon Firestick for 3rd Party Apps
Our last and final method on how to install 3rd party apps on LG TV is with the use of the Amazon Firestick. If you are not already familiar with the Firestick, it is an initiative by Amazon for a streaming device that is in the form of a USB so it is portable and compact to use.
Just like the commonly used Roku streaming stick, the Amazon Firestick is user-friendly and provides you access to all streaming content available on the Amazon database!
These are the steps to follow to install Firestick for your LG Smart TV:
All you need to do is first, connect the Firestick device directly to your LG TV. For this, you will require an additional HDMI cable. You also need to connect the stick to a power source so that it runs properly. Once this is done, follow these simple steps:
- Turn your LG TV
- Select and press the Input button via your remote control
- Next, you may choose the HDMI port you wish to use
- Then you will have to wait for a few moments as the Firestick Logo appears onscreen
- Next, turn on the Firestick remote control and upon doing this, your Firestick device will automatically connect with the remote.
Finally, now that we have covered the main methods on how to install 3rd party apps on the LG smart TV, you can now easily solve this dilemma for yourself without the need for professional help.
All-in-all, the various method on how to get your apps on your LG smart TV screen are simple and easy to execute and we hope today’s article has been a vital source of information on that end!