Transferring media files that are large in size is not easy to share on the internet and other sources. In this scenario, use some professional tools, and ways to reduce the file size.
You want to know what tools are accurate? Wondering which can help you in easy change the resolution, video bitrate, frame rate, unnecessary parts cutting, or video codec?
Well, in this article, we are going to discuss different ways about how to reduce video file size Windows 10.
So, excited to know? Let’s begin without any further ado!
How to Reduce Video File Size Windows 10?
Let’s start discussing the most important and easy ways for reducing video file size in Windows 10:
1. Compress a Video by Zipping It
ZIP archive helps you a lot in compressing or combining files. You are able to compress a file archive e.g. ZIP or 7ZIP archive for your video, which turns the video into a compressed form. You can do this by following some simple steps.
- To compress a number of videos in a separate folder on your PC.
- Open this folder, the videos you want to select need to be selected at once. Then right-click, on any of the videos, now choose to Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Windows will automatically create a new archive, and save it in the same folder where the videos are saved.
By doing so you will see that the size of the archive having your videos is smaller than the original size of the video. You can do it with a single video also. Just start from step 2, select one video to compress.
2. Compress Your Video Size Smaller Using the Built-In Video Editor
Windows 10 comes with an integrated video editor which is used to make the video size small. This app gives multiple options to compress the video. Here is how you can use it.
- Go to the start-up menu, and search for a video editor.
- Click the + (plus) sign On the New video project clicks on the +( plus) sign card. This will create a new project.
- Now click on add, to choose the video you want to compress, you can also drag and drop the video.
- Right-click the video, and select place in the storyboard
- In the top right corner click on the finish video option
- From the Video Quality, dropdown menu chooses an option to compress your video. Keep in mind low resolution means the resulting video will be of less size. At the last, click on export.
Note: Selecting a small resolution will decrease the video quality. So from video compression settings try to choose the best combination for quality, and size.
3. Reduce the Video File Size Using VLC Media Player
If you think VLC is just a media player app, you are wrong, it is more than that. You can use this to compress videos by using various codecs, and by doing so, you are allowed to make video sizes much smaller.
Here’s are the ways to use VLC as a compression tool:
- Open VLC, go to the media menu at the top bar, and here select Convert/Save.
- Click on add button, choose your video file, and click on convert/save.
- The profile dropdown menu is where the video is going to compress. Simply click on this menu, choose the best profile which suits your device, now choose a destination, and click on Start from the bottom.
- You want to specify other settings if you change the resolution.
- It is easy to do by just clicking the spanner icon.
4. How to Make a Video Smaller from a Website (using online tools)
This is another way to make videos smaller via online tools.
- This is the easy way and is offered by the videosmaller.com website. You can find the process from the website or use Google to find other ways, as many other ways are available also.
- Open your web browser, type videosmaller.com. Click on the Browse menu.
- From the windows 10 device or computer select a video you need to make small. Then click to open it.
- On the Browse field, you will see a video file. Click on “Upload Video”. If you want, also check the “Use low compression level (best quality)” option. Here select a value from reducing video width. “
- Wait for fr file to upload, check the uploading status from the bottom-left corner.
- Once it uploads and converts, get the smaller version from the “Download File” link. Here you will notice the size before and after teh conversion.
- Through this method, you can make a 65MB into only 8.5MB.
The Bottom Line
The article shed light on how to reduce video file size Windows 10; if you don’t know what are the steps for reducing video size or you are missing a step anywhere, you can read this comprehension guide, it will help you a lot.
We have covered every tiny yet helpful point, so you can successfully reduce the video file size and utilize it where you want.
Give it an attempt; we have, you will not be stuck anywhere!