Sims 4 is the perfect game for you if you love building and constructing detailed oriented cities or houses and love a good simulation. It is one of the most popular games in the current age and almost everyone has this game installed. Players get to have a lot of control over what their sim does and you can not only build a whole life, but also make a comprehensive working simulation with different buildings and neighbors.
In order to build the perfect house, you need to look at it from different angles. In order to do this, you need to rotate your camera and this can be confusing for some. Especially if you are just starting out on Sims, it can be a little bit difficult to figure it out.
Sims is a very old game and there have been various versions of it throughout the years. With every version released, there are different ways to do things and even better ways to build your simulation.
It is always interesting to see what new things Sims brings out with each of their updates as people around the world wait in anticipation for their newer versions. It can be a very fun game once you get to sit down and actually build a proper world in the game.
If you are looking for the method to rotate the camera in Sims 4, we are here for you.
Sometimes you want to change between camera modes and it can be confusing to figure out. Don’t worry- we have you covered. It is not that difficult. To rotate your camera you just need to follow the steps below:
How To Rotate Your Camera
There are two ways you can switch between two camera modes and one Is longer than the other. It is good to know both in case there is a problem with any of the keys and you need more options to figure out what to do.
The longer method is:
- Press your Esc button key so it opens the game menu.
- Click the Game Options button.
- Once you open the game options, you should see ‘Controls and Camera’
- Select whatever camera view you want.
The shorter method is:
The shorter way to do this is to press your Control key + Shift key + Tab key simultaneously. Or if you are using a Mac, you should use the Command key instead of Control key. This is the shortcut.
Through these two ways you can rotate and adjust the camera screen to your liking without any hassle or frustration. It is easy to do and requires only a few moments of your time so you can continue on playing your game in no time.
How To Rotate Camera In Different Game Modes
Of course, there are many different game modes as with any game. With every different mode there are different functions for everything. There are different ways to rotate your camera based on different modes in the game.
In the Live Mode, follow the steps below to rotate your camera:
- Press and hold the ‘Command’ key.
- Using your mouse, click and hold the left mouse button.
- Once you start moving your mouse around, this will change the viewing angle. Dragging your mouse down will tilt the camera down as well.
- Use your mouse scrolling wheel to either zoom in or out of the screen,
Try using these steps to change angles in Live Mode.
If you are using Camera Mode, there is a little difference in the method.
- In-Camera mode, try using the arrow keys or the W/A/S/D keys to move the camera to your liking.
- You could also either use the Fn key and downward arrow key simultaneously to move the camera down or Fn key and the upward arrow key to move the camera up
- If you are using your Windows PC, there are other ways to rotate your camera angle.
- Press and hold the CTRL key. Control your camera using the mouse while pressing the left mouse button.
- Move your mouse around while you press the left mouse button to change the view.
- Control the movement of your camera with your mouse.
- You can use the scrolling wheel to zoom in or out.
How To Change The Camera Angle In Build Mode
In build mode, you are purchasing and setting furniture and have a different perspective of your house that is unlike the normal playing view.
If you are playing Sims 4 and you have the Build Mode On, and you need to change the camera angle, do not be confused. It is the same process as it was for Live Mode.
- If you are using a Mac, press and hold the command key.
- If you are using Windows, press and hold the Control key.
- Click on the left mouse button and drag it around, the camera will follow your mouse’s movements.
While these are the ways to do a basic thing like rotating your camera, there are also a bunch of functions you can perform to change your camera perspective. These are not very complicated and can be done in a matter of moments. If you want to know more ways to change your camera views, keep reading.
How To Use First Person Camera
If want to change the camera angle to a first person perspective, it is quite easy to do so. This also helps in the building process as you have another point of view. It is a great way to figure out how everything looks and gives you a perfect outlook of whatever you are building.
- Press Shift key and Tab key simultaneously to enter or exit first person camera mode.
This is quite easy to do.
General Camera Controls You Can Try
It is very fun to explore the different things you can try in Sims. As you continue to build a whole life in this game- you will find different ways you can alter your screen to fit your needs.
If you are using the camera mode in Sims and you want to try different techniques to alter your camera perspective, there are some things you can try.
- Hold down the middle scroll button and move the mouse freely- this adjusts the angle according to your needs.
- If your mouse does not have the center scroll button- hold down the Ctrl key as you scroll or use the directional arrows to tilt the angle.
- If you are using the trackpad – try pressing CTRL key plus the A/S/W/D keys for adjustments to the angle.
Not only is Sims available for your smartphones, laptops, or Macs, it is also very much a beloved console game. So many people play Sims on their Playstations or xBox and while it is very common to do this, it can be hard to figure out all of the controls.
If you are using a console and you want to enter the First Person Camera View, but you are confused on how to do so- well, this is the method for you. While Sims 4 controls are a bit limited on a console compared to what you might be used to on your laptop- there are still many ways to control your camera.
- To switch camera views- you just need to press the R3 button on your Playstation or the RS button on your xBox.
- Using the right analog stick, you can control your camera and move it around.
There are also a bunch of keyboard shortcuts for your different camera functions. You do not need to use your mouse for everything- especially if it stops working at some point and you need to fix your camera!
- Simply use the + or – key on your keyboard to zoom in or out. You could also use the > and < key to rotate your camera.
- In your buy mode, the > and < key will rotate the furniture for you.
As the world of Sims continues to grow, people all over the world keep joining in and playing this fun game to build a world of their own. A great way to pass time and it is also a game that does not make you work too hard or shed any blood for the storyline.
It is a great game for people who are not very fond of fast paced games that require a lot of brain power to simply complete missions or have to partake in any violent activities. It is therefore very relaxing and immersive.
Now that you know all the different ways you can alter your camera perspective, try it out while playing your Sims game! You can use all of these functions to fit your needs and become more efficient. Good luck!