If you are an Apple user, then you are well aware of precisely how tricky it is sometimes to maneuver your way around Apple’s strict security and privacy policies! This is because Apple takes great care to ensure your data is safe and secure in their products. There are 3 basic ways that Apple has to protect your device.
These include a password for protection, a Face ID, and of course, a Passcode. The passcode is the most interesting one because it is not quite the same as your phone’s password! That is something you set yourself and so is the passcode. However, it is a backup password and it is a safe method to make sure that no unauthorized access is gained to your data.
Unfortunately, sometimes, you may forget your passcode because you will not be using it that often. Writing it down somewhere might be risky since people can access that and hack your iPhone. So what happens when you add in the wrong passcode when you have forgotten your password?
If you make 5 incorrect attempts or more, the notification that your iPhone is disabled for a set amount of time will pop up. Most of the attempts to fix this issue will require a computer of some sort to access your data and information. However, that’s not all you can make use of!
Enough of this talk, let’s discuss how to unlock iPhone passcode without computer.
How to unlock iPhone passcode without computer?
You might not be near your computer to unlock the iPhone that has become locked. This means that you might feel quite helpless and frustrated as well in this situation. However, there is no reason to worry because there are quite a few ways you can use to unlock your iPhone passcode without the use of a computer!
As long as you have already backed up your important data using a computer previously, you will be able to effectively unlock your device in no time. This is because you will still need a backup after your device has been erased after one too many attempts! The three methods that we will be looking into include Recovery Mode, Find My iPhone, a third-party app, and of course by using Siri.
So, without further ado, let’s get straight to unlocking the iPhone passcode!
Method #1 : The first method is to utilize Siri to unlock your iPhone
This is one of the most underrated but also sneaky methods of unlocking your iPhone in case it has been locked or disabled. The best part? You don’t need a computer! All you have to do is open up Siri and watch the magic happen! This is a cool method that uses Siri’s assistance to unlock your phone.
This method has a ton of benefits! The most impressive one is that all you need is your iPhone and you won’t’ even end up losing any data on your iPhone! This can be used only on an iOS device that has iOS 8.0 and above so if you haven’t updated your iOS yet, we suggest you do!
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- The first step is to activate Siri via your home button just as you normally would. A good idea is to start up your iOS device, hold down the Home button and ask Siri what time it is. This is quite the smart step since this will result in Siri showing you the current time. You will see the clock she displays. All you have to do is click on it.
- After this, you will see that the clock menu will open up. You can then click on the plus icon which allows you to add a time.
- You will see a few results and options to choose from. Click on the Share
- Next, you will see that a pop-up appears. This is for the sharing options. Click on the option for Message.
- You will now be taken to create a new message. Now you need to pause for a few seconds, then type in anything into the To Once you are done typing, click on the Return button on the keyboard.
- Your text will be highlighted in green and you can proceed to press the Add icon next.
- After that, you will see that a menu appears to enable you to add a new contact. There will an option that reads, Create New Contact. Click on it.
- You will not be adding information on the new contact. Instead, you will proceed to click on the area where the contact has their image. After that, you will select the option that reads, Add Photo.
- Then you can proceed to go to your iPhone’s gallery. Here you can browse your photos for a while. After a few moments, simply press the Home button.
- If you have followed all the steps correctly, you should see the home screen of your iOS device once it is unlocked.
This might be quite the long method on how to unlock the iPhone passcode without the need for a computer, however, it is simple and quite effective. If this has not been successful for you, move onto the next method!
Method #2 : The second method is to enter Recovery Mode
Let’s say you had not updated your iPhone’s iOS in a while and therefore cannot use Siri to unlock it! Then, the Recovery mode might be another great way to get through without needing a password or code. This will require an iTunes backup already done so that your data can be restored.
You will need a computer however but it can be any device so you are not limited. Here are the steps you need to follow:
First, you need to hold down on the Home and Power button of your device simultaneously. If your model doesn’t have any home button, you may also hold the side and volume up button instead of this. After a while, the Apple logo will appear but you cannot stop holding the buttons till you come to the screen for recovery mode.
Next, you will simply restore all the data and settings after you have removed the passcode. However, as we mentioned this will require you to already have backed your device up.
Method #3 : The third method to unlock your iPhone is to utilize Find My iPhone
Moving on, we will be looking at our third method and that is to make use of Find My Phone. Luckily, for this option, you can work without a computer so that should be interesting and easier! If you were unsuccessful in unlocking your iOS device with the solution before it, this one is bound to work.
All you need is to enable Apple’s Find My iPhone feature and it will allow you to restore your device and its data without the need for access to your device. This is usually used when your device has been lost or is stolen which is why you can find your iOS device, lock it without access to it or even play a loud sound if it is nearby.
However, one thing you need to remember is that this will delete and erase all your existing data. So, if you haven’t backed anything up, this might not be your first choice! Follow these steps:
- The first step is to launch the iCloud website on any device whether it is a smartphone or a tablet. This is why you don’t need a computer because as long as you have your Apple password and ID, you can access the iCloud account from anywhere!
- Next, you can simply go to the Find My iPhone You will see an option that reads, All Devices. Here you will see all of your iOS devices linked to the Apple ID you are using.
- When you’ve located the iPhone that is lost or stolen, you can click on it and reset it remotely.
- This will also present an option for Erase device, click on it and press to confirm.
Method #4 : The last method for today on how to unlock iPhone without a computer is to use Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
Finally, for our last method, you can also use a third-party app to unlock your iPhone. We recommend the Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker. This is user-friendly and is also a fool-proof method as well. It works great for iPhone, iPad, and iPod as well by removing the lock screen.
The best part is that your phone will be restored to its factory settings and so all your data, but most importantly, the passcode lock will also be erased. You can then access the iPhone and simply reset the passcode. As long as your phone is backed up, you shouldn’t worry.
FAQs : unlocking an iPhone without a computer!
These will ensure that any leftover queries and questions are addressed so that you are thoroughly aware of the topic at hand.
What is the passcode on an iPhone?
The iPhone passcode must not be confused with its password. While you do set both, the 4 to 6 digit number you will set as a passcode is there to provide an added layer of security.
How many attempts can you make to type in your passcode on an iPhone?
- If you have tried to attempt your passcode more than 5 times, this will disable your iPhone for 1 minute.
- If you have tried to attempt your passcode on your iPhone more than 6 times, it will be disabled for 5 minutes.
- If your iPhone has been attempted to be opened more than 7 times, then it will be disabled for 15 minutes.
- If you have tried to attempt a passcode log in more than 8 times, then the iPhone has been disabled for 60 minutes.
Finally, when you reach 10 attempts a message stating iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes will appear. However, bear in mind that if you have set the phone to be erased after 10 attempts, all of your data will be erased automatically. This is certainly an extreme measure but a useful one if your data is backed up on iCloud.
Additional advice for iPhone users:
This advice is great for any iPhone user because, with Apple products, you need to invest time into making sure all your data is backed up properly. Apple has so many amazing features to help aid that such as iCloud. This way even if you do forget your iPhone passcode, you can easily retrieve your data via this method.
In case you employ a method where you had to erase your iPhone or Mac because you forgot your password or your phone got locked! In this case, that iCloud backup will help you get all that precious data back in no time.
Of course, you can also choose to back up your files on your computer. This is not as secure but it is a faster method of data retrieval from backups. Be sure to do a weekly or monthly backup. This can include your app information, your important documents, your photos, videos, and all your saved passwords!
We have finally reached the end of our in-depth and elaborative review on the steps you can follow and the solutions you can opt for in case you need to know how to unlock your iPhone Passcode without your computer.
This is an issue that can arise for anyone and since Apple takes great care to make sure your private data is safe from hacking and security breaches, this is likely to happen. Therefore you must know exactly how to deal with it! Hopefully, today’s article and informational guide have provided you with all of the information you will ever need to address and solve this issue.
So, iPhone without the secret password is still not a waste of money if you know the proper method to use your iPhone without the code to unlock it which is described in this article.