Minecraft is played by millions of players all over the world. Minecraft is a video game in which users create and break different kinds of blocks in their 3D world. The game has two modes, survival and creative. In the survival mode the players have to build blocks and eat to survive, while in the creative mode they just need to create stuff without worrying about food. Minecraft is available on all the gaming platforms such as Windows, MacOS, Android, Xbox, Nintendo and PlayStation. The cross-platform option allows gamers to play together with their r no matter what the console they are playing on.
Minecraft Lan not working issue
Most of the players have reported about the Minecraft lan not working issue This is a common problem faced by the Minecraft players. This problem makes the user not use the lan connection to play with friends even though they can browse the internet easily. The lan not working issue comes up when players try to start a new session of lan after launching a single player world mode. The lan session will not show up in the game and you won’t be able to play it with your friends.
There could be many reasons why lan not working problem occurs. It could be caused by several reasons such as:
- The computers you are trying to connect are not in the same network
- Firewall is interfering with the lan connection giving you the problem
- Antivirus is blocking the signals creating a issue of connectivity
- The AP isolation is trying to block the connection
- The network discovery option is disabled
There are some irritating issues for the gaming community. If you are facing any of such problems, you can learn about the solution here in this article.
Method #1: Computers are connected in the same network to play Minecraft
Since it is a lan connection you need to make sure all the computer are connected using the same network to play Minecraft or else you will face the Minecraft lan not working error. So if you are facing the issue of Minecraft lan not working, you need to check if all the computer are connected to the same lan network or not.If any game you are playing is not running smoothly then learn how to allocate more ram to a steam game and allocate more ram to a game it will surely solve your problem.
If they are connected to the same network yet you are facing a issue in connecting them, check out this other solution to help you play Minecraft and to fix the lan not working issue.
Method #2: Windows firewall blocking Minecraft lan connection
Windows firewall usually blocks the incoming and outgoing connections itself of some applications if it sees any malicious activity. Minecrafts connection could be blocked by windows firewall due to which players are facing Minecraft lan not working issue. To fix this issue you need to allow Minecraft in the firewall settings using these steps to fix to fix the lan not working issue.Check the solution of vac was unable to verify game session also.
- Open control panel using the windows search bar in windows 10
- When in the control panel navigate to the windows defender firewall option
- Click on allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall
- Click on change settings and click the check box infront of Minecraft, Java ™ and javaw.exe
- Click on okay to complete the process
After this open your Minecraft game and check if you can connect to Minecraft lan. If you are unable to connect to Minecraft then you need to turn off the windows firewall before playing your game. Many users have reported turning off the firewall has helped get rid of the Minecraft lan not working issue. To disable the firewall all you need to do is open up the firewall windows again, and then click on the option of turn the firewall off and click ok to save the changes.
If you still are facing the Minecraft lan not working issue, you might need to consider other solutions to fix the lan not working issue
Method #3: Direct connection to fix lan not working
If you failing to connect Minecraft lan through the Minecraft game you might need to change your approach. Use the direct connection to connect easily. You can manually connect to the Minecraft by manually adding the ip address and game port number. Here is how you can add the ip address and game port number manually to connect to the Minecraft:
- Search for the command prompt in the search box
- Type ipconfig in the command prompt window and press enter
- Find the lan network and then note down the IPv4 address
- Load Minecraft and now note the port number on the bottom of the screen on the host computer
- On the computer trying to join click on the direct connect option in the Minecraft game to connect to Minecraft lan via direct connection
- Enter the IP address and the game port number on the computer trying to join.
Using this way, you can fix the Minecraft lan not working issue. If you still are facing a issue when connecting to Minecraft lan you need to consider these other solutions to fix the lan not working issue.
Method#4: Enabling network discovery option.
If the network discovery is disabled, you can face the Minecraft lan not working issue. To make sure you do not face this issue you need to make sure your network discovery option Is enabled. You can enable the network discovery by following these steps:
- Search For the control panel in the windows search bar
- After opening the control panel, open up the network and internet settings
- Click on Network and sharing settings
- Change advanced settings and then in the private tab, click on turn on network discovery settings
- Change the settings in the Public tab as well to fix the Minecraft lan issue.
Restart your pc and start Minecraft and check if the problems still exist or not. If you are still getting the problem when connecting to the Minecraft lan, you need to consider these other solutions to fix the lan not working issue.
Method#5: Disabling the antivirus of your computer
Players usually do not use third party anti-viruses as they interfere with Minecraft. Using an antivirus helps to protect the system and keeps it bug free. But it interferes with the games and may raise false alarms which may not let the game use the lan connection. That’s why it is recommended to let the windows guard do its job or disable the anti-virus when you start Minecraft and connect to a lan server on Minecraft. With the anti-virus disabled you will rarely face the issue of lan not working. If the problem still persists you need to check the lan cable of your system.
Method#6: Turning off the AP Isolation
If you are on a wifi connection to connect to the Minecraft servers and you are facing the lan not working issue you might need to change the security settings of your router. Mainly the AP isolation settings. The AP isolation settings allow the users to connect to the internet using the same device but it does not allow them to connect to each other hence you face the lan not working issue while connecting to Minecraft. If your router has the AP isolation settings enabled there is a high possibility that you will face the lan not working issue. The fix to this is simple, here is how you can turn off the ap isolation so that you do not face the lan not working issue:
- Find the IP address of the router, flip your router and the IP address is written on the bottom of the router. You need to execute the same ipconfig command used in the above method.
- Type the IP address of your router in the browser and press the enter button
- Input the username and password of the router
- Find the AP Isolation option and disable it. The other name for AP isolation is access point isolation, user isolation, enable wireless access point. So, make sure you search for either of these to fix the lan not working
After disabling it, restart your router and try to connect to the Minecraft again, and see if you get the lan not working issue. If you are still getting the problem when connecting to the Minecraft, you need to consider these other solutions to fix the lan not working issue.
Method#7: Updating the network drivers
Outdate network drivers can cause the lan not working issue too. You can try to fix this issue by updating the network drivers using the device manager. Heres how you can fix the lan not working error by updating your network drivers:
- Open the device manager by searching for it in the search bar
- Open up the network adapter settings to locate your network driver and update it
- Choose the search automatically for update driver software option and let the window search the internet for the updated drivers
Once the drivers are installed try to connect to the Minecraft again, and see if you get the lan not working issue. If you are still getting the problem when connecting to the Minecraft, you need to consider talking to the customer support to fix the lan not working issue.