Do you want to know how you can quickly fix the issue of mouse lag in Windows 7? Is it hard for you to fix the problem if you are using Windows 7? As we define the term mouse, it works as the key that helps navigate the mouse device. There are quite a few windows functions that you can efficiently perform with the help of wireless keyboard inputs or Windows shortcuts. But there is always a need when you should have a mouse pointer by your side for performing the whole mouse task faster and better.
What is mouse lag all about, and what causes it?
Lag or lagging, whatever you call it, is one such condition in which a long time passes by between the whole initiation the mouse task windows completion. When it comes to the mouse lag, you will notice that the movement of the pointer of your wireless mouse has not been in sync according to the hand movements. This might frustrate you because if you want to click right, the wireless mouse pointer windows will move in the left direction.
What are the main causes of Mouse Lag Windows 7?
A few of the main causes of the mouse lag in Windows 7 are discussed below:
- Mouse lag in the games: Most of the users complain that their wireless mouse is lagging while playing the games, which is quite common. This is a huge issue that can ruin your whole fun of playing the windows
- Mouse stutter: The condition of the wireless mouse stuttering will be causing a certain drop in the whole mouse This will make your everyday windows tasks not easy to handle and make it mouse function on a slow basis.
- Mouse freezing and not moving: The worst condition of the mouse lag is when your mouse is freeze and is not moving. This will make the wireless mouse not respond to any of our mouse actions and will become unresponsive.
Methods to Fix Issue of Mouse Lag in Windows 7-A Quick Guide
Now let’s not waste time and move to the main topic, which is how you can quickly fix the mouse lag issue in Windows 7. Here we have a few mouse fix solution for you to deal with this mouse lag problem. Let’s discuss below:
Method 1: Confirm that is it your mouse
The first mouse method is about the condition where you have to figure out whether it is your mouse or not. This can be easily tested by disconnecting the mouse and then plugging some other mouse model into your windows 7 system. Hence, in this way, you will be able to figure out whether the mouse can work properly or not in windows.
You have to make sure that you are using the same port of windows 7 USB for every mouse. Make it happen as many times as possible so you can experience this windows 7 approach better.
Method 2: Updating the mouse driver
Drivers will make it entirely possible for you to use the mouse accessories or the core parts of your windows 7 PC system. In case your driver has been corrupted, or if they are outdated, then there is the possibility that the wireless set of mouse devices will cause an issue. For updating the mouse driver and to fix it, you have to follow the below steps:
- First of all, press the keys of Windows + R together with which it will launch the mouse system of Run utility.
- Next, you have to type the windows command of “devmgmt. msc” and then click the OK button. In this way, you will be able to launch the system of Device Manager windows.
- Now you will be expanding the category of “Mouse and other pointing devices,” which is available in the form of the icon next to it. This is the area where you will be able to see your mouse
- Now right-click the mouse icon and then choose the option of Update Driver.
- Select the option to look for the driver. This will enable Windows 7 to look for the latest windows driver update. You have to click the right one and have it installed on your PC.
- Follow the instructions given on the mouse screen for updating the current driver.
- Once you have updated the driver, you have to restart the Windows PC all over again and boot it up for the mouse lag to start functioning.
Method 3: Enabling or disabling the Scroll Inactive Windows
Windows 7 is available with the feature where it will be letting you scroll within the inactive windows 7 as you start to hover the wireless set of mouse pointer all over them. For some users, this is the real fixed issue for the mouse because it won’t make its way into the direction you wanted it to take.
For enabling or disabling the Scroll Inactive Windows 7, you have to follow the below steps:
- Click the icon of Windows, which is on the bottom left side of the screen. Click the settings option. You do choose where you can use the option of Windows + I key shortcut for launching the app.
- Now click the option of devices.
- Click the menu which is on the left side and then select Mouse or Mouse & Touchpad. This would all depend on the type of windows PC model or laptop you are using.
- This is where you will catch the option, which is Scroll Inactive Windows. Click the option of the switch and make the decision that whether you want to enable or disable the whole mouse
- Check out if the mouse has stopped lagging or not. In case it does, then you should restart the fixed system and check it all over again.
Method 4: Terminating the process of Realtek Audio
Most of the time, it might happen that you can easily fix the issue of mouse lagging by disabling the windows Realtek Audio process! If you have been using the windows NVIDIA part, you should try the method to disable the mouse component of windows NVIDIA High Definition Audio. To perform this fix approach, follow the steps discussed below:
- You have to right-click on space, which is in the taskbar, and then select the option of windows Task Manager 7
- As the task manager windows 7 launches itself in compact mode, you have to click the option of more mouse details at the bottom left of your windows.
- Confirm that you are still staying on the mouse Processes (default) tab.
- Next, under the Background Processes, click the option of windows Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- Click the option of end task, which is on the bottom side of your windows 7, as soon as the fix process needs.
- Check out if the mouse has stopped lagging or not. If it does, you should restart the windows 7 system and check it all over again.