The PS4 gaming console is the sleekest gadget to play and enjoy games that is why over 100 million people all around the world use it. The powerful performance, comfortable and convenient display, and stylish appearance of this PS4 have amazed everyone.
Playing games on the PS4 is the next level of fun but finding the unusual things make everyone perplexed and annoyed. The most annoying problem that users complain about is the PS4 controller flashing white.
Have you ever come across this issue? Do you know how to handle it? Don’t you? Anyhow, no need to be worried because we have got you covered. There are numerous solutions to fix the problem – you can go ahead to find the answer.
Why Is There A Ps4 Controller Flashing White?
Basically, there are different reasons behind the PS4 controller flashing issue:
The battery could be less; thus, you need to recharge the battery to bring your controller work normally.
But the other side, there are many more issues that fail the controller to work appropriately, so you can attempt the following fixes to solve the problems.
Four Reliable and Straightforward Fixes to Handle PS4 Controller Flashing White
The following are easier and quick solutions to resolve the issue of PS4 controller blinking, you don’t need to try all at once but attempt until the issue is resolved.
- Check the hardware to fix the issue
- Reset the PS4 controller
- Check the controller driver and update it
- Turn on the PS4 from safer mode
Method 1: Check the Hardware To Fix The Controller’s Blinking Issue
Many times the problem of the controller or happens due to the hardware issue – problem in the cable of PS4 or any issue. Thus, you need to work on the cable or any other faulty part. You can adopt the given steps:
Step 1: Try Another USB cable
If you have plugged in your USB cable very carefully and despite checking and rechecking the wire is not working, you can go with another USB cable. We hope, the new USB cable will work for you – follow the following sub-steps for it.
- Arrange for another USB cable that is fit for PS4 and works appropriately. Go with the cable that is of affordable price and has good reviews.
- After buying the cable, you can connect the cable to the controller of your PS4 – Ensure an appropriate connection.
- After connecting the cable to the controller, you can turn on the PS4 and controller to see, whether it is working or not.
If on your try, the PS4 is going perfectly then your issues are resolved and the problem was with the cable. In any case, your PS4 controller continues flashing white, you can jump into the next method – stick along the guide.
Step 2: Try Another Controller
The hardware doesn’t mean cable only but controller, too. So, if you have done with the cable, you can go with the new controller. The new controller can nip the problem from the root – you can follow the given steps to resolve the issue.
- Buy a new PS4 controller.
- Turn off your PS4 completely.
- After turning it off, you can plug off PS4 completely. Spare your 3 minutes.
- Re-plug your cable of the new controller into your PS4. make sure that the connection is done correctly.
- Turn on your PS4 now and see whether it is working or not.
We hope the hardware issue will work for you, whether the cable replacement or controller replacement works or not. If not, you can die into the other method step by step and resolve your issue.
Method 2: Reset PS4 Controller
The second suggested fix is resetting the controller, which is super-easy and affordable as you don’t need to spend even a single penny. Along with PS4 blinking issues, this solution can resolve many more problems: PS4 connection or synchronization issue, Bluetooth issues, etc. you can follow the given instructions for this:
- First of all turn off your PS4.
- Then figure out the reset button of your PS4; mostly this button is located at the back of the PlayStation 4, close to the L2 shoulder button.
- Later on, you can use an unfolded paper clip that should be of small size then push the PS button and share button simultaneously for a few seconds. Then release them!
- Your PS4 will get reset, then you need to repair your controller with PS4. This repair will happen by connecting the PS4 with the USB cable and then by turning the PS4 on.
- Now, to login into the PS4, you can tap the PS button.
The controller will be connected with PS4 and it will turn on.
Method 3: Update Your Controller Driver On Your PC
If you have done with the first two methods but there is no improvement, here is the 3rd one, too and that is updating the drivers of your controller. Or if you feel, the reason for PS4 Controller Flashing White error is the drivers of the controller, then you can directly jump into this solution.
Firstly, uninstall the outdated drivers of your PC, then reinstall the drivers and device. It will give you a complete update of your PS4.
Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers
You can use the following way to uninstall the drivers, once it is done, simply reinstall them.
- In the first step, you have to invoke the Run box, for this, on your keyboard, you are supposed to press the R and Windows logo keys at once.
- Type devmgmt.msc on Google, and then click enter on your keyboard.
- So, click right on your device and tap on the uninstall device.
- Unplug the controller from your PC and restart it.
Step 2: Reinstall the Driver and PS4 Device on your Windows
- Once the computer is restarted, replug PlayStation 4. The computer will automatically detect it and then reinstall the device.
- You have to install an appropriate driver for your device according to your choice or compatibility.
Tips: As you are using PS4, so you can install a dedicated driver that will improve your gaming experience.
Method 4: Start PS4 from Safe Mode
Many users, from the above 3 methods, find it more relevant and convenient – they start their PS4 by using the safe mode, and then their PS4 controller doesn’t show the flashing white error.
The option of the Safe Mode menu helps in the normal and correct start of PlayStation 4.
Note: This step will lose you all data; hence, you are supposed to save the data priorly. Your PS4 will look like a new device as it is just out of the box.
You can follow the given steps for starting the Safe Mode to rebuild the database; this method will create a new database of all content. This method can take extra time, depending on the number and type of the data items.
Here are the steps:
- Press the power button, which is on the front panel of the PlayStation 4. Before turning off the power button, the light will blink.
- Once you have turned off the PS4, hold the Power button for longer. Meanwhile, you will hear two beeps then release the button.
- Connect the USB cable with DualShock 4 controller and press the PS button of the controller.
- When you will enter the will the Safe Mode, you will see 8 options. You have to select option number 5.
- After pressing on the 5th option, wait for some time.
- Now, your work is done; turn on the PS4 and figure out, whether this method proved worthier or not.
Still, the problem is persistent? Simply, dive into this bonus tip – quick and easier!
Bonus Tip: Some More Quick Tricks To Fix Ps4 Flashing White
If the above-mentioned four points don’t go in your favor, no worries. There are a few more solutions to quickly resolve your persistent problem.
This method has served many and hopefully, it’s your turn now.
1) Long press your PS button as well as share button simultaneously at the same time.
2) Now, you have to wait for a few seconds, until the PS4 is turned on.
3) Make some attempts to use the PS4, for sure, this method will resolve the issues. Literally, it is an easier yet worthier method to get rid of this issue.
So, with this method, we have also done with our possible suggestions of PS4 controller flashing white error solutions.
The Bottom Line
PS4 is a popular console for playing games but this sleekest gadget fell into many issues, too. Nowadays, the basic complaint that we are encountering is the PS4 controller’s display that turns white.
Today, we have covered this issue; after extensive research and practice, we have found the above methods reliable. So, you can try them to come out of this trouble, whatever the method works, does it share with your friends as well. And play boundless and interruption-free games.