If you are interested in the world of gaming, then it is very unlikely that you haven’t heard of Roblox before! Roblox is an interactive online gaming platform that offers so much more than just playing games! It is quite the wonderful platform meant for game creation and has been created by the Roblox Corporation.
With this online system, users can not only play games that other gamers have created but they can also create and develop their games! The main purpose and goal of Roblox is to create a space where gamers can interact with fellow players and thus engage with them to share ideas and build a meaningful community.
The coolest thing about Roblox is perhaps that anyone with the skills and drive can program and develop games. All you need is an internet connection and a little drive! However, the reason why Roblox is so popular stems from the idea that anyone can utilize their wide array of game development tools to create!
This includes children and adults who can use these tools to learn and then develop! However, sometimes, you might have experienced a certain glitch or error on Roblox where you get kicked off a game. If this happens to you, then you might be dealing with a Roblox error code 267.
Today’s article will provide you with all the details you need to understand and fix the Roblox Error Code 267!
What is the Roblox Error Code 267?
You might have experienced this error as you were playing a game and you suddenly got kicked off without warning! Well, the Roblox Error Code 267 will come about when a game that is utilizing admin command enabled script kicks you out!
One thing is clear, the reason why this error code comes about has nothing to do with Roblox itself! This error comes about when the game developer has added in an illegal insertion of script into the game. In simpler terms, this means that if the game you are playing senses suspicious activity from your end, then the Roblox server will kick you out of the game!
The Error Code 267 on Roblox will try to counteract this potentially malicious activity in your account as it perceives you might be trying to hack the game, if there is a corrupted game file or if your Windows Firewall is blocking the Roblox game server.
If you want to figure out exactly why you have been kicked off the game, then you might want to look at the warning message carefully. It might say: You were kicked from this game: Banned from the server or, kicked by server or You were kicked from this game: Self Moderate.
These messages in particular mean that either your Windows Firewall or your internet connection is to blame. However, there might other reasons why you get this error code. Let’s look over them in detail:
Here are the reasons why you could get the Roblox Error code 267
- The first reason might be that your game server has malfunctioned so this might cause the 267 error code.
- Another reason might be that you are facing Firewall issues. This occurs when you are using an internet connection that is unstable. Low bandwidth is one of the major reasons why this problem can arise. The easiest way to fix internet issues such as this is to disable the firewall and then starting the Roblox app.
- On the other hand, if your internet connection is slow, this can also cause the error code to appear. The easiest fix for this is to either reboot your router or try using a VPN instead.
- Your browser might also be outdated or the version might not be compatible with Roblox.
- Finally, another reason might that the game data is empty, so there is no way for the game to load. In many cases, this is entirely on the game developer as they failed to build the game, and the error code 267 appears!
Now that we understand why the Roblox error code 267 appears, let’s figure out how we can fix it!
So, how can you fix the Roblox Error Code 267?
1. Make sure your internet connection is functional.
In case you see the Roblox error 267 and it appeared with the message, DISCONNECTED: You were kicked from this game [Error Code 267], then the issue might be with your internet.
To fix this, here are the steps to follow to fix your internet Connection:
- First, you will hold down the Windows and I keys together so it will get to the Settings window.
- Next, you can click on Update and Security, then go to Troubleshoot and click on Internet Connections.
- After this, you will launch the Troubleshooter and after this, you will see that Windows can diagnose and fix your Internet issues.
- We recommend that you utilize the Wired Cable on the desktop and this will show you if your internet is finally working or not.
A good tip for this is to always clear your browser’s cache before you attempt to relaunch Roblox and if the internet connection was not to blame, we recommend you move onto the next fix!
2. Fix Internet connection using VPN.
If you are still getting Roblox errors on your device then the reason might be a slow or poor internet connection. This can interfere with the game server and can eventually get you kicked out.
Therefore, to fix this internet issue, we recommend that you install a reliable VPN as these can grant you faster internet speed and connections. You won’t have to deal with slow or lagging game servers any longer and the Error code 267 will disappear.
3. Tweak the security settings of your browser.
Sometimes, the issue might be that the browser that you are playing Roblox on is not allowing Roblox the permissions that it needs. This can be due to the browser’s security settings. The message might read, LAN not working.
So, to fix your Roblox error, we recommend that you review the security setting of the browser.
If this hasn’t worked out for you either, don’t worry because we have more options!
4. Make Chrome the Default Browser.
The reason why you might be dealing with the Roblox error 267 might be that your browser just doesn’t support it or it is outdated. No matter what the issue is, you might find that Roblox needs an updated browser to function.
Using an outdated browser can cause faulty errors so the simplest solution is to update your browser. We recommend that you make Chrome your default browser since it approves auto updates and is also quite reliable in this regard.
5. Disable your Ad-Blockers.
If that method didn’t work for you, here’s another one! Sometimes the ad-blockers in your browser might be why you are getting this Roblox error. If you have not disabled the Ad-blockers of your browsers, now might be a perfect time.
The use of Ad-blockers can be great for you but it can also slow down the game and prevent the game from launching. You can add an extension to your Chrome browser and this will remove all the ads without you needing to install an ad-blocker.
6. Update your Network Drivers
Finally, if nothing on this list has worked out for you, then we recommend that you try and update your network drivers next. Since we have established that in a lot of cases, the lack of a fast or stable internet connection might be causing this error code, all your drivers need to be updated.
Here are the steps to follow:
- You can look up the option for Device Manager from search or start.
- Then you can click on Network Adapters and you will have to manually proceed to see whether your drivers are up to date.
- If there is a threat icon on one side of the driver, then you know that it needs an update.
- You will be able to update the driver automatically using your browser and then you can restart Roblox.
With that, we have come to the end of today’s article on the Roblox Error Code and like other players, this might happen to you from time to time. The solutions that we have listed above show that this a fairly common issue that can be solved as long as you understand what has caused it.
After that, you can effectively implement the solution for the issue and you will no longer see the notification for the Roblox Error 267. We hope that this has been a particularly informative article for our readers and now they can utilize this to enhance their Roblox gameplay experience!