Windows also have their own repair tools and one of those is Start up Repair, it helps to fix many of the PC issues but many times it also doesn’t work.
This way, many of your PC troubleshooting issues will remain unresolved because Startup Repair helps in scanning and repairing many of the PC issues. It helps you determine the corrupted files or invalid boot up issues.
But here is the question why Startup repair doesn’t work? How can this issue be resolved? What could be easier and practical methods of solution when Startup Repair is not working.
We tried to make the causes and solutions comprehensive for you, so follow these steps, make the Startup repair work smoothly.
So, let’s begin!
Reasons for Windows 10/8 Startup Repair Not Working
This issue can be resolved when you first learn about the root cause properly. We also discussed some of the reasons for creating this problem. Let’s have a look.
- One of the reasons for this issue is when system files get corrupted or damaged ( this may happen when you turn off the PC in the middle when it is reading the data of any type).
- Missed boot, or Corrupted Configuration Data. ( The reason for this may be an outage of power or disc writing errors)
We have some solutions to get an answer to the “Startup Repair Not Working” problem.
#1 : Disable Automatic Restart
Follow the below-mentioned steps to know how to disable automatic restart.
- Firstly restart the computer and move to the screen having the title “Choose an option”. Then click on Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, after this option now select Startup Settings, and Restart.
- Press 9 or F9 to choose Disable automatic restart after failure from the Startup Settings screen. Just wait for a while to allow the PC to boot and see if Windows 10/11 Startup Repair loop issue is resolved or not.
If this method is not working, no worries we have another one.
#2 : Check Disk Utility
Make sure to connect Windows installation media, or Recovery Drive/System Repair Disc with your PC. Choose the language of your choice, and go to the Next button so the process runs continuously.
- Look at the bottom, and select the Repair Your Computer option.
- Now move to Troubleshoot then Advanced Options, and in the last click on Command Prompt.
- Now you have to type chkdsk /f /r C: and choose Enter. Write Exit and press Enter again. Type the command carefully.
- To check if the problem is solved, restart your computer.
Let’s have a look at our next method.
#3 : Reset or Refresh your PC
If the issue is still there where you left it, then resetting, or refreshing your PC might solve the problem of Automatic repair not working. Dig out the steps without wasting time.
Go to select the troubleshooting option whenever the boot menu appears.
Here you will receive two options, either to reset the PC, or refresh your PC. Select options you like as both will give the same results.
The instructions start showing up on your screen, follow them carefully otherwise, you will not get the desired results.
Note: During this process, it is possible that you may lose some data, so it is recommended to backup your important files somewhere else. Copy, and paste your important data into another laptop or PC.
#4 : Delete Problematic Files
To do this action, we have some of the steps to be followed.
1. Go to the Windows Boot Options menu here you have to open the Command Prompt. Enter the below-mentioned command with full attention.
2. You will get this message written below
“Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\tmel.sys is corrupt.”
This message clearly shows us that this issue occurs due to some corrupted file.
3. Now what you have to do, just type the below command.
cd c:windows system32 drivers
4.Now restart the computer.
Startup Repair is a beneficial process of Windows that freely, efficiently, and automatically process as well as resolve your Windows issues. But, due to several issues, this Startup Repair stops working and you become helpless at that time.
So, this article covers the solutions to cope up the situation and make your Startup Repair start working again. The steps are easier and in detail; we hope you will find nothing tricky while proceeding with them. Well, go ahead, follow these methods and update us, whether they are helpful or not.