Steam is a video game distribution app that is made by Valve.It is very popular and famous in the gaming community. This application allows users to easily get and download their favorite PC games straight to their computer without any difficulties. But being a popular app all over the world the application has its own problems. According to research it is found that many people have complaint that the steam games keep crashing and because of this many users keep facing a lot of problem during their games. This problem is mostly found on the windows.
There can be many reasons due to which this happens on the windows system. It can be due to problems related to the RAM present in the windows. It can also because of due corrupted files in the windows or incompatible systems if hardware or software in the windows.
There can be some solutions through which you can fix this issue of the steam that happens on the windows.
How to Fix Steam Games Keep Crashing:
There are many reasons due to which the steam games keep crashing. It can be due to corrupted files or incompatible system of the windows any many other problem. There are some solutions that will be able to fix the problem related to Steam games keep crashing.
Following are the solutions that will help you with the crashing of games in steam. To help this game problem you can follow the steps that are give with the solution to help you fix the steam games that keep crashing issue.
- VERIFY THE INTEGRITY OF GAME
- RUNNING THE PROGRAM COMBATIBILITY TROUBLESHOOTER FOR THE CRASH OF GAME.
- UPDATING THE GRAPHICS DRIVER TO THE LATEST VERSION FOR STEAM.
- PEFORM A CLEAN BOOT FOR CRASHING OF STEAM.
- UPDATING THE WINDOWS TO THE LATEST VERSION FOR THE STEAM.
- REINSTALLING THE STEAM
All of these methods are explained below with detailed steps so you can fix the game issue the keep crashing on the windows.
Method # 1: Verify the Integrity of Game Cahche:
If this problem occurs when you are in between playing the game then you have to verify game files on the team application to fix the continuous crashing of the games.
You have to follow steps that are mentioned below to fix the steam games that keep crashing.
- First of all, you have to run the steam
- Now click on the Library option in the steam
- Now right click no the game that keep crashing. And then click on the properties.
- Now click on the Local Files tab.
- Now click on Verify integrity of fame cache.
- After that you have to click on close.
- Now you can start the game again and check is the steam game is still crashing or not.
This should help you with issue of games crashing on the steam.
Method # 2: Exculding the Appliaction Files From Thrid-Party Antivirus Software:
This issue may also occur due to the third-party antivirus application that is present on the windows. This third-party antivirus works very deep in the windows system therefore, it can interfere in the steam performance and may cause the games to not work properly and maybe the reason due to which the games keep crashing.
Follow the steps that are given below in order to remove the interference of the steam performance.
- First open the search box in the windows.
- Now type in Windows Security to open the option.
- Now in the left menu option click on the App and Browser Control icon.
- Scrolling down to the bottom click on the option Exploit Protection Settings.
- Now click on the Program Settings.
- Now you have to click on the Add program to Customize.
- Now select the Choose Exact File Path option.
- Locating the path “C:/ProgramFiles(X86)/Steam
- And then select the Steam.Exe option from the menu.
This will help you solve the issue related to steam that keeps crashing on the windows.
Method # 3: Running the Program Combatibility Troubleshooter for the Crash of Games:
Sometimes the software of the windows is not compatible for the games that are on the steam application. Therefore, you can try the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter option that is present on the windows.
Follow the steps that are given below to run the compatibility troubleshooter for the steam and the game that keep continuously crashes.
- First of all, click on the steam application on the desktop of the windows.
- Now select the Properties option.
- Now click on the Compatibility option.
- Then click on Run Compatibility troubleshooter option.
- Click on the Try recommended settings for the test tun of the program that is going for the compatibility settings.
- If this does not work then go for the other option that is Choose compatibility settings based on problems you can notice on the computer.
- Then you can adjust the settings according to your preferences and then after all the settings you can click on OK for the confirmation of the settings.
Now check if the steam application still keeps causing problem and is not working.
Method # 4: Updating the Graphics Driver to the Latest Version for Steam That Crashes:
Updating the graphics driver on the windows to the latest version can also help you fix the continuous gram of game on the steam application. This will make the steam to run smoother and will keep any issue related to the crashing of the games away.
To update the driver on the windows automatically you have to follow this method. The steps for this method are given below.
- First of all, you have to download and install the Driver Easy app.
- Now click on the Driver easy and run the app.
- Now click on Scan Now. This will detect any issues with the driver of the windows in the computer.
- Now click on the Update All option that is present next to graphics card for the automatic download of the latest version of the driver.
This is how you can update the driver on the windows of the computer automatically and this will help you fix the issue with the steam not working properly.
Method # 5: Peform a Clean Boot for Crashing of Steam:
If the problem related to the crash of the game in the steam continuous then you might want to perform a clean boot on the windows. This is also a type of troubleshooting that allows users to manually disable any startups so that the problematic software can be fixed.
Follow the steps that are given below to perform a clean boot on the steam to stop the continuous crashes of the game.
- First of all, you have to clean the Windows key and R key on the keyboard of the computer. This will open the Run Dialogue box on the desktop.
- Now type a command “msconfig”.
- Now click on the Enter. This will open the System Configuration windows.
- Now select the Service Tab.
- Now check the Hide all Microsoft Services and then click on Disable All.
- Now select the Startup Tab.
- Now click on Open Task Manager.
- Now in the startup tab, click on disable all for each of the item.
- Now go to the System Configuration window and then click on OK option.
- Then click on the Restart o reboot your PC.
After the restarting of the computer, you can open the steam application and then check if the performance of the games has stopped or not.
Method # 6: Updating the Windows to the Latest Version for the Steam:
Sometimes the crashes issue may occur due to the windows system not being updated to the latest version. This will make the game on the steam not compatible with the older or outdated version of the windows hence making the game not to work properly.
You can follow the steps that are given below in order for you to update r windows system to the latest version.
- On the keyboard click on the Windows
- Then type in update on the search box.
- Now in the list of the results click no Check for Updates.
- Then open the Windows Update option.
- Now click on Check for Updated button to update the windows of the system.
- After the update of the windows is done you can restart your computer.
Now check if the steam application and the game on the application keep working or not.
Method # 7: Reinstalling the Steam Client:
If nothing works then you might want to consider reinstalling the steam application. It is possible that the steam application that is downloaded is corrupted or is not supported by the windows of the computer. Hence, reinstalling the steam client again can help you with the crashes of the game to stop.
Follow the steps that are given below for this method to reinstall the steam client.
- Press the Windows key and the R key on the keyboard of the computer.
- This will open the Run Dialog box.
- Then type in control and then press the Enter key.
- This will open the Control panel.
- Now open the Category option. And then click on the Uninstall a program option.
- Now double click on the steam icon to uninstall the steam application form the windows.
- Now you can download or reinstall the steam client on your windows.
This should help you with the problem related to the steam the crashes that keep happening and the game that does not work properly of the steam application.
The issue with the crashes on steam that keep happening, is common now a days and many users of the steam application has complaint about this issue. Because of this the apps on steam does not work properly and keeps crashing again and again. The methods and solutions that are given above can help you fix the problem. The steps are also explained so you can easily perform the methods and solve the problem that you are facing with the steam application.