Playing the Escape from Tarkov game is the next level of fun but many gamers complain that they face connection issues if the Tarkov server connection lost error. This infuriating problem creates a lot of trouble and becomes a hurdle for the gamers and they are unable to play the games.
The solution to these Tarkov connection issues is to wait for the Battlestate to sort out the server problems and troubleshoot the issue to ensure that there is no issue on your end.
This post explains how to fix the connection problem in Escape from Tarkov – stay along with us to get to know the settings you need to do to get rid of the Escape from the Tarkov server connection lost issue.
Why Does the “Server Connection Lost” Error Appear in Escape from Tarkov ?
Like other network-based and games playing online, it is noticed that Escape from Tarkov is not exempted from network connection loss and server outages issues. The server connection loss issue is mostly shown on the screen when the game’s server gets down. This issue may occur due to connection issues between the gamer server and your PC. But commonly this issue comes from the game server. You know this is an internet-based game so it stops working when any hurdle comes in the server.
Server connection loss problems may arise due to some of the common issues given below.
- Local internet issues
- Malfunction in the router
- Errors in PC
Gamers need to be aware of the difference between a server problem and hardware malfunction to take the necessary measures about fixing this issue.
We are going to start by following some common troubleshooting steps.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
First thing first, restart the Windows PC whenever the Tarkov Server connection is lost. Most of this simple trick is the solution to your problem.
● Restart Your Router
So you are facing a “Server connection lost” issue when playing Escape from Tarkov. The main reason is the unstable or poor internet connection. In this scenario, try restarting the router to overcome the issue. To do this, follow some of the steps.
- Firstly switch off and unplug the router or modem
- Leave it in this state for at least 40 seconds
- Now gain plug it the power board
- Wait until it connects fully
- Now start the game and check if the issue is resolved or persists.
Follow our next step if the issue is not resolved yet.
● Change the Game Server
If the “Server connection lost” issue appears in front of you, try opting for changes in the game server and pick the server having the best ping before starting playing.
Luckily Escape from Tarkov offers several servers that you can choose from. But remember, you have to disable the automatic server selection before selecting a server having the lowest ping.
Follow the given steps to do this.
1. Launch your Escape From Tarkov game
- Now click on the button named “Change server [Auto ACE]”.
- Here you will witness a list of game servers.
- Go to the bottom of this list and uncheck the “Use automatic server selection (OCE)” box.
- Now choose your best-suited server from that list
- Click on apply to keep changes.
- Now start playing the game.
If the “Tarkov connection lost” issue is still present, try using different servers to check if the error lies in other regions. If the issue is still there, wait for developers to resolve it or use our advanced method.
Advanced Fixes To Solve the Issue
● Disable IPv6
While playing Escape from Tarkov, many users come across Server connection loss issues. Well, this is a common problem that can be solved easily by disabling IPv6 on your PC or laptop. Fortunately, people give good responses to this trick. We are here with steps about how to do this. Let’s get started.
- Press Windows and R key at once from the keyboard. A small box will appear on which you have to type NCPA.Cpl. after this press Enter key.
- Now right-click on the Network Adapter you are using, e.g. Wi-fi, or Ethernet. Click on Properties.
- Once this window opens, disable the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP) by unchecking the Checkbox.
- At last, save changes and click on OK.
To check whether the issue disappears, restart the computer and launch the game. Now see if the issue gets fixed or not. If not, then no worries; we have many other methods to fix the issue. Let’s have a look.
● Update Your Network Drivers
If there is no problem with your internet connection and it runs as fast as an eagle, the problem might exist in your network adapter drivers. In this case, you have to update them to get rid of this connection loss issue.
Here you will get to know how to update the drivers.
1. Go to the Windows Start Menu icon and right-click on it.
- Now move to the context menu, and choose “Device Manager.”
- Search for the “Network Adapters” section to expand it.
- Here from the list of adapters, try finding your adapter.
- Simply right-click on it and select Properties.
- Move to the Driver tab from the Properties section.
- Now click on “Driver Update.”
- A pop-up window will appear; choose “Search automatically for drivers”.
- Wait for some time till the windows find updated driver software and go for installation.
- Once you follow all these steps, shut down the PC.
- Restart it again and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Note: When you manually update the driver’s software, it is so easy to update the drivers themselves via a tool named Auslogics Driver Updater. It will check all driver problems of your PC; present reports will help you to update them to the latest versions as soon as possible.
● Switch to a Static IP Address
It would be better to assign a specified IP address to your router rather than automatically getting the address. Keep in mind this method is temporary to get rid of server connection loss issues. But still, it is helpful. Follow some simple steps to change the IP address.
- To open the Run dialogue box, press the Windows and R keys together.
- A run box will come on a small window; here, type this command “ncpa.cpl”.
- Press enter
- Now, from the “Network connections” window, right-click on the active connection of your PC, whether an Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- From the context menu, select the status.
- Click on Details under the General tab.
- Under the “Network connection details” window, you have to write down the following detail carefully:
- IPv4 address of the device
- The IPv4 subnet mask of the device
- Move back to the Network Connection window and try following these important steps:
- Right-click on the active connection of your device
- From the context menu, choose Properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) in the Network Properties window.
- Next, choose“Use the following IP address”.
- Here type the IP address and Subnet Mask, which you note down earlier.
- Under the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option, type your chosen and alternative DNS server address.
- Click on Ok
- Restart the PC and check if the issue has gone.
You can also opt for other methods such as using Proxy VPN, maintenance of PC and Windows regularly. It may take hours, but the good news is that the “Tarkov Server connection lost” issue is resolved.
Tips To Avoid Tarkov Server Connection Lost
- You can avoid the issue in the future if you follow the Game Developers described methods and use the uninterrupted Internet connection.
- Before going to play Escape from Tarkov, players need to check the Game’s Server Status thoroughly.
- Between your PC and modem, always check the internet connection and make sure they are connected properly. Replace the damaged wires immediately to get rid of this issue if it occurs.
Our Key Takeaway
If you face the Tarkov Server Connection Lost issue, you can go through this article; we have mentioned the most reliable solutions.
By following these fixes, you can maintain the continuity of your games and enjoy your favorite game smoothly and hassle-free.
So, follow these methods and be a pro!