Keyboard is an integral input device that you need for making assignments, playing games, and many other purposes. Toshiba is one of the most popular brands that has beaten many other brands due its high quality yet lower price.
However, many users complain that Toshiba laptop keyboard not working; did you also face the same problem? No worries, we have come with the solution and from now on you will not fall into this issue.
So stay along!
Why Does This Problem Happen?
The “Toshiba Laptop keyboard not working” issue can happen due to various reasons. The main reason is that the keyboard is not detected in the windows. Most of the users come with the complaint that some of the keys are unable to work. These issues can arise due to some primary reasons, which are given below.
- The Outdated system
- Outdated Keyboard driver
- Problem in Settings
- Malfunctioned system
Every problem has a solution, so no need to worry. Continue reading to know more.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
This issue is not as light as you might think. So before entering into more advanced troubleshooting methods, try out some basic steps about “Toshiba laptop keyboard not working.” Sometimes more minor reasons cause significant troubles. Check out the first one.
#1: Check On Keyboard For Dust Particles
Don’t get surprised because this happens. Yes, most of the time, tiny dust particles clog the keys of your Toshiba laptop keyboard. Due to these particles, most used keys stop working. Don’t try to remove those particles with an ordinary piece of cloth on your own. It’s better to go to an expert who can open the keyboard and clean the dust particles. If you don’t know much about technology, then avoid doing it yourself. Once this process is finished, now start your laptop, and check whether the issue is being resolved or not.
#2: Go For Full System Power Cycle
In the power cycle, you forcefully shut down the system entirely by removing all cables. Most of the time, the issue is not so big and can be solved by simple rebooting. Many users said that they face laptop locked issues. So, this method will also help them to unlock the Toshiba laptop keyboard. Here are a few steps to get this work done.
- Before starting, first, check if any of the programs are open. If yes, save all your work, and close down all programs on the Windows 10 laptop. Now shut down the laptop by tapping the power button for at least 30 seconds. Before doing this, check properly that there is no external device connected.
- Once the Toshiba laptop gets shut down, turn it back to remove the battery and remove it for at least 5 to 10 seconds.
- Now put the battery back again, and turn the laptop on.
- Now try to use the keyboard to check if the issue is fixed or not. If this persists, then move to our advanced solutions. Just try to follow the methods with full attention and care.
Steps To Fix Toshiba Laptop Keyboard Not Working
#1: Troubleshoot Your Toshiba Keyboard
Windows comes with an inbuilt utility that enables users to troubleshoot issues like what happens with the keyboard. This will help to detect and fix minor issues. Always make sure the laptop is connected to the internet as it is needed when setting. To troubleshoot your Toshiba laptop in Windows 10, you have to follow the given steps.
- To open the settings screen, tap on the Windows Logo Key With Alphabet “I”.
- Now you have to choose the update and security option. Then from the left pane, tap On The “Troubleshoot” Option.
- Now move to the right pane, Here you will find the heading with the name of Find and fix. Tap on Keyboards. Now select “Run The Troubleshooter”. It will start the process of troubleshooting. If a pop-up window comes on the screen, begin by following the instructions.
- Once you are done with it, now it is time to restart the laptop.
- When the laptop turns on, check if the “Toshiba Laptop keyboard not working” issue has been resolved or not.
If the problem still exists, then try using the following method.
#2: Re-enable Your Laptop Keyboard
Sometimes the keyboard of your Toshiba laptop does not respond or stop typing entirely because of the reason that it may be disabled accidentally. To overcome this issue, you have to re-enable the laptop keyboard.
Enabling the laptop’s keyboard varies from model to model, so it would be better to contact the manufacturer if you don’t know how to enable it. For example, people use the most common method to re-enable the keyboard by pressing and holding the shift key for 10 seconds.
Another way to enable the Toshiba laptop Keyboard is moving to the Device Manager.
- Firstly open the control panel of your system. Go to the start button from the desktop and type the control panel in the search box to find this. I advanced windows ten versions; they removed the control panel from the start button. But still, you can go to the Device Manager by clicking on Cortana, and say, Device Manager, it will directly open the Device Manager.
- To view all Control Panel items, click on view by small icons or view by large icons.
- To open the Device Manager, click on it.
- To expand it, double-click on the Keyboard.
- You will notice the arrow next to the keyboard, right-click on the keyboard, and choose Enable Device to enable the Toshiba laptop’s keyboard.
- Now start using the Keyboard, just to check whether it begins working.
If it starts working, then it is well and good. Otherwise, move to our next solution.
#3: Uninstall the Keyboard Driver
Another reason why the laptop’s keyboard stops working is the incorrect or corrupted driver. To fix the issue, it is suggested to reinstall the driver for your keyboard. You can do this from the Device Manager.
- If some of the keys are creating issues, then directly open the Device Manager. In the run box, type devmgmt.msc, it will open the Device Manager directly.
- Open the control panel from the start button.
- Once it opens, click on view by small icons or view by large icons to view all Control Panel items.
- Now click on the Device Manager.
- Then right-click on the keyboard, now click on uninstall device.
- Wait for the installation process to finish. Now it is time to start the laptop again and reinstall the drivers automatically.
Then see if the keyboard starts working.
#4: Go For The “Check For Updates” Option
A minor glitch in the third-party program can cause problems with the other drivers. So it is recommended to go for the system update. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do this.
- Open the settings by either pressing the Windows Logo Key With “I”. Or find it from the start button.
- Now select “Update & Security” Option.
- Move to the right pane and tap on the “Check For Updates” option.
- Wait for some time until it completes checking and downloading the latest updates. After completion, it will ask to restart the laptop. Restarting will install the latest updates automatically.
We are sure that the keyboard, not working issue is now solved. But if the keyboard has a significant problem, it is better to contact Toshiba’s official support.
#5: Modify the keyboard settings
To fix the keyboard issue, you can also modify the filter key settings of your laptop. Filter keys help you control the pace of repeated keystokes and slow down the acceptance of keystrokes. It will make typing easier for users. But you need to follow some steps to do this.
- See at the bottom left of the desktop, and right-click on the start button. Now click on settings in the case of Windows 10 and the control panel when you are using Windows 7.
- Now in the next step, click on the ease of access centre or click on Ease of Access.
- From windows 10, click on Keyboard, and in the case of Windows 7, you have to select Make the keyboard easier to use.
- Now disable the Filter Keys function (switch off Filter Keys or uncheck Turn on Filter Keys).
Restart the laptop again to check if the keyboard starts working or not.
#6: Update the Toshiba Keyboard driver
Suppose the Toshiba laptop still does not come in a working position even after the uninstallation of drivers. In that case, we recommend you make full use of Driver Booster to find and install the most advanced and latest Toshiba drivers for Windows 10 automatically.
The Driver Booster makes you able to check what the actual problem. This will detect whether the driver is missing, outdated, or corrupted and suggest the newest one for your ease.
- Firstly download the Driver booster, install, and run it.
- Now choose the scan button. The driver boost will start searching for outdated drivers when you hit the scan button, including the Toshiba laptop keyboard drivers.
Tips: How to Fix Toshiba Keyboard Code 37 Error?
Not just code 37, but if you find any other error in the keyboard from the device manager, it is better to go for Driver Booster to fix this and many other issues.
From the left panel of the Driver Booster, click on tools and fix Device errors.
To make it possible for Driver Booster to scan device manager error codes, click on Detect.
There are high chances that newly installed drivers will make the Toshiba laptop keyboard start working on Windows 10.
Tips To Avoid Toshiba Laptop Keyboard Not Working Problem
- As you know, malfunction can affect the other drivers, and they stop working. It is suggested to use the best antivirus program to Avoid Any Malfunction In Your System Files.
- To keep the keys in a working position, you have to keep the laptop clean. The dust particles may clog the keys, so it is better to clean your Toshiba laptop regularly.
- Keep the drivers and system up to date as the outdated system will cause trouble with other drivers and create a bad environment.
We often get complaints that Toshiba Laptop Keyboard Not Working when the user is playing the game, making assignments, or watching movies. This issue creates a lot of trouble; keeping this factor in consideration, we have stated many brilliant solutions for you.
So, you can undergo the article, try these solutions and come out of the trouble. These all solutions are verified and tested; you can straightforwardly try them.