If you haven’t been living under a rock for the past 10 years, you will certainly know what Minecraft is and will probably have even played it once! If, however, that is not the case, Minecraft is an online gaming universe where you can work with 3D blocks to create entire worlds.
This game also comes in two modes. The first is Survival and the other is Creative. As the name suggests, Survival mode is a multi-player experience where every player plays for supplies and food. Alternatively, Creative Mode is all about individual creation in this 3-dimensional world.
This game is quite interactive and has become quite popular over the years. So, naturally, there arise a ton of questions on how to make the experience better over time. We are going to ask one such question today.
If you’ve ever asked yourself the question; where are my Minecraft screenshots? Then this is an informative article meant for you! Today, we will be discussing all things related to Minecraft screenshots and telling you how to screenshot information in the game as well. So, stay tuned!
What are Minecraft screenshots?
If you want to keep certain images of your gameplay in Minecraft, it is possible with the help of screenshots. These can be taken and recorded with the aid of some keyboard shortcuts and other methods as well. We will be discussing the main ways on how to capture these screenshots and will also look into where they are situated.
The cool thing about Minecraft screenshots is that you can easily change and customize the keys that you want to keep as your screenshot shortcuts. This change can be made to Screenshot options in the Controls section where it reads Miscellaneous.
Another fascinating aspect of Minecraft screenshots is that you can work with a special timestamping system to get even more details relating to the screenshots. You will find that these are going to be viewed as .png files on your computer or device and they will be named in a YYYY-MM-DD format.
Where are my Minecraft Screenshots situated?
Now that we know all there is to know about screenshots on Minecraft, the next step is to figure out where they will be located and whether you can change this. Many users have found this to be a little difficult to do and that’s where we come in with our insight!
If you have a Windows device, then these screenshots will be located stored in a folder titled AppData/Roaming and will be titled .minecraft\\screenshots.
- First, go to Start, and type in the following command in the search bar: %appdata%.
- Next, select the folder that will come up and access it to get to a folder titled .minecraft
- Your next step will be to open this folder and you will see that all of the screenshots are situated here and that too with the same name.
If you have a Windows 10, device with a Bedrock Edition, here’s what you will have to do:
- Hold down the Windows+G keys at the same time. Then, open the settings overlay for Minecraft on your device.
- You will then click the camera button which will appear under an option for Game Capturing, and this will successfully take a screenshot.
- This is when you will also get a notification and this will alert you exactly where the screenshot has been saved. Usually, unless you changed it, the default save folder for screenshots is in Local Disk C in the Users Go to username and search the Videos folder to get to Captures.
Finally, if you have an Apple device such as a Mac operating system, here are the steps to follow:
- You will find your Minecraft screenshots in the Library of your device.
- Go to Application, Support, and click on the Minecraft screenshots folder.
- In case it is not visible, it might be hidden, so to access it, open the Finder, press Go in the menu bar, and then press Go to Folder.
Now, to add slightly more insight to your Minecraft experience, we are going to help you figure out how to take screenshots:
Luckily for you, there are quite a few methods to take a screenshot in Minecraft. However, the main difference for this will be dependent on what type of device you’re accessing Minecraft on.
- So, for most Windows devices, you will see that all you need to do is press F2 to take a screenshot. Once you press this key, you can go to the screenshot folder for Minecraft that we told you about previously.
- If in case you have a Windows 10 OS instead, here’s what you need to do! While there are multiple methods to take a screenshot on Windows 10, we recommend pressing down the Windows logo key and the Print Screen Buttonat the same time.
- If in case you have a device that isn’t a Windows one, then you can use your gaming console as well. First, launch Xbox Game Bar by holding down Windows and G keys together. Go to the camera icon and you will find the screenshots will be saved in Local Disk C in the Users folder under Username in Videos and finally at Captures.
- If you have a Mac device, all you have to do is select the CMD, SHIFT, and 4 keys together. This will not be a default location but instead, the screenshot will be situated in your Library, in the folder Application, Minecraft, and under the filename Screenshots.
All-in-all, we have discovered by today’s article that it is quite simple to locate the Minecraft screenshots on different operating systems as long as you know where to look and what prompts to execute. We hope that this has been a helpful journey for all readers who can now access their Minecraft screenshots easily.